Alternatives to CD-PRO 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Next "group-project" ?

I have a dream....(or am I "high"?)
Would it be possible to make a "universal" CD-controller (w. remote), as building-blocks?
The thing I had in mind would be able to control most (f.ex) Philips Lasers, with chip-sockets (for different controller chip), or by microprocessor?
And I2S connection....

Arne K

What about....

Here's an option I saw on another site... Granted its for jukeboxes, but, they'll sell parts...
Happ Controls

If you go under amusement and jukeboxes you'll find parts for jukeboxes including replacements for CDM4 units. The transport itself is a Sanyo unit, but I can't find any details on it. It looks like the transport is just the laser and motor, but would it be that hard to figure out the rest of the parts? (They do also sell the CD-PRO2, but it's more expensive than daisy, I think)

If anybody can come up with some details, I'd be interested to hear them!

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hmmm

-thaught I could stir up this discussion some more...

Have you thaught about that it might not be the transport/laser you are "listening" at, but the control circuit, error-correction,...and so on.

Have anybody looked in to any preffered "chip" to go with the transport?

(BTW; SteinMusic use the SAA7310 digital decoder, as have Meridian done). Considered good by some...
Other canidates?

Arne K

Anyone try to get belt drive CD mechanism?

Got picture of one made by CEC,

Attachments

• foto%20concept.jpg
    foto%20concept.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 599
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.