24 bit 356 kHz DA converter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
can someone suggest a good design/kit

Could you make recomendations of a quality design that acheives this? Ideally one with pcb layouts, but not really necessary.

Also what modification would be appropriate to light an LED on the front panel to show the sample frequency? My current teac dac does this, and I'm planning gutting it and replacing with a better more modern design.

TIA
Scraggles

I only know of two relevant designs on the net. For the first I cannot remember the title of the thread but do a search under
'pquadrat and PCM1704'. The second is Dave Broadhurst's dac which you will find at
http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/galaxy/6623/24bitdac.html
You display the frequency information using a LED by decoding the information provided by the input receiver or if there is no receiver you can use a small microcontroller. The receiver datasheets and application notes will have examples as to how to decode the frequency information.

ray.

excellent, thanks for the links Ray.
Pquadrat's build looks a real goer. I think I'll hang on and wait for the buyers of the "seven boards" to post some feedback. I'm really interested to hear some reports on how it sounds and what, if any, improvements could be made.

Hopefully Pquadrat will produce some more boards or/and post his gerber files.

All I need then is to add frequency display and RC5 controled input switching to integrate it fully into the rest of my system.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.