Mitsubishi M50423FP->TDA1543 nonos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have Philips CD614 cd player in excellent condition with Mitsubishi M50423FP processor inside which, among other things, acts as digital filter and Philips TDA1543 dac. My question is which of dac interface modes I should select for nonoversampling filterless mode of operation (among modes 2,4 and 9, right?) which will correspond to I2S?

Link for M50423FP datasheet...
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf/2135132.pdf

Update...from TDA1543 datasheet "...the most significant bit (bit 1) must always be first" so that rules out dac interface mode no. 4 as that one is LSM first, therefore I'm left with interface mode 2 & 9...Could someone help me what I should look for as I'm not able to figure out from I2S time diagram?

From M50423FP datasheet can be seen that in mode 6 it supports dual dac operation in 4fs. What that exactly means, does this mean that one can use two TDA1543's and get differential output of single channel in each chip in elegant, easy way? If that is so, how to connect them to M50423FP (you see, differential configuration is of more interest to me than nonos)?

Hi aparatusonitus,

can you send me the CD614 service manual? ...... thanks

After almost 2 years (d'oh) I realise that this lowly M50423FP seems to be able to support the 1543 and 1543A versions so must be able to connect directly to dacs using the philips or japanese version of I2S and with various levels of oversampling.

If this is correct it seems to be quite useful and I'm wondering about it's quality. Any views?

sp

can you send me the CD614 service manual?

Just send me a pm and I'll forward Philips CD614 service manual, no probs:)

After almost 2 years (d'oh) I realise that this lowly M50423FP seems to be able to support the 1543 and 1543A versions so must be able to connect directly to dacs using the philips or japanese version of I2S and with various levels of oversampling.

If this is correct it seems to be quite useful and I'm wondering about it's quality. Any views?

For I2S 1Fs output you need to (as per M50423FP datasheet, page 18, table 1, mode 2) disconnect pins 8 and 10 from Vcc (I've just cut a line to Vcc few mm from pins 8/10), solder pins 8/9/10 together to gnd (pin 9 is already low/grounded) and finally desolder pin 11 from gnd/pcb, put it in the air and connect it wit short wire to Vcc.

Last edited:

Bas

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2003
fs and direct clocking DAC?

Hi,

I also tweaked my cd614 with all kinds of mods, one of them is the non oversampling mod from 4fs to fs. With 4fs I clocked the DAC direct with the Tentclock on pin 1. Now with fs that does not work anymore and I had to clock it from the M50423FP again wich I don't like.
Any thoughts anyone? Can I use MODE 9 for that and clock the DAC direct?

Bas.

Bas

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2003
fs and direct clocking DAC?

Hi,

I also tweaked my cd614 with all kinds of mods, one of them is the non oversampling mod from 4fs to fs. With 4fs I clocked the DAC direct with the Tentclock on pin 1. Now with fs that does not work anymore and I had to clock it from the M50423FP again wich I don't like.
Any thoughts anyone? Can I use MODE 9 for that and clock the DAC direct?

Bas.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.