PS Audio Deal at Crutchfield

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I though this was a great deal!

Buy the PS Audio Trio A100 and PS Audio Trio P200 together
at Crutchfield and they discount the price by $400. . .
that makes it $5 cheaper than the PS Audio Trio C100!

Balanced and Single Ended inputs
100wpc 8 ohms 1% THD+N and IM - 150wpc 8 ohm max 10% THD+N and IM
200wpc 4 ohms 1% THD+N and IM - 300wpc 4 ohm max 10% THD+N and IM

They must not be moving to start slashing prices that much. . .
or
They were overpriced to start with. . . .

Free Shipping too. . . 30 day return policy. . .can't go wrong.

Great way to try out PS Audio equipment. . .these are the
digital amps with ICE modules.

or the Rotel RB 1072

PS Audio seems to have changed the
input and outputs on the A-100.

Attachments

• ps-audio new.jpg
    ps-audio new.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 215
Sorry to resurrect a long dead thread, but I can't find another one and I'd like to find out more about these little beasts.

BTW, the Crutchfield site now says the following:
Sorry, the PS Audio Trio C100 is no longer available for purchase.

The hype is still there:

This musical little integrated amplifier conveys even the most subtle musical details and nuances with surprising clarity and delicacy. How did PS Audio achieve such remarkably transparent sound? By completely eliminating the preamplifier section found in conventional integrated amp designs, and replacing it with two of their exclusive Gain Cell™ modules. These fully balanced analog devices offer a wide range of variable gain with virtually zero noise and distortion, and take the place of a standard volume control (one of the major sources of sonic coloration). They also feature simplified internal circuitry to provide the shortest, purest path possible for your music signals.
PS Audio Trio C100 Stereo integrated amplifier at Crutchfield.com

I translate this as - we use integrated circuit amps (LM3886, anyone?), add an off-the shelf SMPS, put it in a nice box, cloak it splendid prose and charge a lot of money for it! Can anybody confirm or refute my suspicions?

Sorry to resurrect a long dead thread, but I can't find another one and I'd like to find out more about these little beasts.

BTW, the Crutchfield site now says the following:
Sorry, the PS Audio Trio C100 is no longer available for purchase.

The hype is still there:

I translate this as - we use integrated circuit amps (LM3886, anyone?), add an off-the shelf SMPS, put it in a nice box, cloak it splendid prose and charge a lot of money for it! Can anybody confirm or refute my suspicions?

Well, partly :D The internals were based on a pair of ICEpower200ASC class D boards. No LM3886's in sight and no need to add an SMPS - it is already on the boards :D As for performance and value, well I certainly think you can (could) do a lot worse - others might disagree.

/U.

It looks like PS Audio has switched its business model. They are producing DACs, transports, cables and power conditioners. I never had enough $$ to pick one up; small, cool running and some reviews said a nice sounding amp. Channel Island Audio makes a slick amp though (Hypex UcD modules). Rotel RB-1562 for about a grand less at $800

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.