Where can find SONY CDP-101 Service Manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
olaychang said:
Where can find SONY CDP-101 Service Manual ?

I want to repair My old CDP-101

Thanks !!!!!!:)

I've got one here. Not the best quality i'm afraid, but the schematics are readable.
What's worse is, that it seems to be in Russian, and that's not really my language, maybe you can get along using only the Schematics ?
If you think you can use it, it's coming your way.

Best regards
Ebbe

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
It's a long time since I had the Sony 101. but I seem to remember there was a mechanical problem, lack of lubrication I think, that caused this problem on the drawer. When it begins to come out does it make a "click" . The worry is that the teeth on any gears are stripped as a result of any binding. The only common electronic fault was the driver I/C 's BX1201 from memory. They are a single in line "special" a bit like a power Op Amp and were used to drive the motors, and focus and tracking coils.
Sorry can't be more help, they were a great piece of kit in their day.
Regards Karl

The problem with the drawer is well known with the CDP-101.

DO NOT FORCE THE DRAWER OPEN OR CLOSED !!

The problem is with the drawer locking mechanism at the rear of the drawer.

There is a guy in the USA who has a web page of fixes etc for the CDP-101. Google.

Andy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.