CDM-4/19 running at warpspeed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

the CDM-4/19 of my Philips CD780/00R player runs at warm speed when I turn on the power switch of the player. Since I don´t have any service manual neither of the player itself nor of the CDM-4/19, can anybody here please advise where and how to start debugging?

Thanks a mil in advance!
P.

@Mooly: All supplies to all ICs look good. I am just done with measuring. Even all resistors look OK to me.

@Predator864: There is a TCA0372DP2 (Motorola) on the board. I even have the datasheet and started measuring. Hmm.. question: Would the CD spin counter-clockwise at overspeed when this TCA0372DP2 is blown/shorted?

@SY: The SAA7220 is absolutely OK from what I measured. And the SAA7110 shows a fixed 88.19 kHz signal on Pin 17 (MSC). This is good news, right?

@All: If anybody could share the Service Manual for the Philips CD780/00R with me, I could continue much more systematically. Your help is highly appreciated!

Any more hints on how to continue a bit more systematically? I would like to track down the 88.19 kHz signal from Pin 17 (MSC) of the SAA7220 a bit further, but I don´t have any schematic of the PCB of the CD player, so I am a bit lost at this moment. :xeye: Any advice you could give, please?

Meanwhile I believe it would be best to start measuring at the flexband where it connects to the main PCB of the player. The reason for my assumption is that the V_DD of the TCA0372 drops from 5.6V to 4.5V whenever I connect the flexband of the CDM-4/19 to the main PCB. No good sign I believe. :xeye:

Well, does anyone here own a service manual for the CDM-4/19 which he/she can share with me, please? I think it only makes sense continue measuring when I have understood how the speed control mechanism of the CDM-4/19 actually works. I mean, since the spindle motor is only connected with 2 wires, I assume the laser recognizes the RPM of the turntable and sends back that "tachometer" signal to the main PCB. And, to further understand that mechanism, a service manual for the CDM-4/19 would suit best now. Can anyone share, please? The service manual for the whole player (CD780/00R from Philips) is already ordered by me, but no service manual for the CDM-4/19 was available. And I assume Philips will not fully cover the CDM-4/19 in the service manual of the CD780/00R.

Thanks m8s for your help,
P.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.