meridian 203 - distortion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys, Im new here but I always have a look around.

I bought a Meridian 203 DAC second hand for 25.00 of EBay, it was noted as having distortion...I thought, bugger it, I'll take a chance, maybe I can fix it! :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, I cant! I have the schematics from Meridian (nice guys) and the prob is distortion above a certain frequency on both channels, I have tried either input toslink and analog but its the same...Any ideas guys??? Ive been quoted over 125.00 to get it looked at by Meridian and Im hoping it might be something I can do myself (with my littel soldering experience) maybe just gutting some old parts and re solderig new ones??

Or anyone want to fix it for me in good will? I'll pay for carriage there and back..oh and Id pay for parts id they need replacing...Need somone honest and reliable though..Im quite poor at mo!

Cheers guys, hope someone can help.

Ian

Attachments

• 203ccts.pdf
    78.3 KB · Views: 116
I think im going to need all the help i can get on this one as i have no idea!
If i get a meter what am i checking for and against?

Do people here take projects on for other members to mod their items for fees? I think Im in over my head!...lol, im coming across as a right pansy on this!
Knew I should have stayed in school and studied.!

:rolleyes:

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Distortion rises with frequency. Not with amplitude ? Very strange. I think anyone would struggle with this. Golden rule, check ALL supplies are correct and in tolerance. Even if you pin it down to an I/C I think you would have difficulty removing and replacing the SMD packages particularly if you have not worked on "the small stuff" A scope and some test CD's are a minimum.
Sorry it's not more positive.
Karl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.