CDROM TTL signal to toslink receiver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am building a CDROM based player and I am planning to use DAC-AH with CX8414 (same as CS8414) receiver chip.

I was thinking to take off an onboard Toslink optical receiver and plug TTL output from CDrom directly where the output pin of the Toslink receive used to be. Is this going to work and is there any danger to the receiver chip?

I would guess that I need 0.1uF caps in the line with both signal and ground.

Maybe I should explain better. I have a CDROM that has a TTL level output that I use as a transport. I planing planning to put this CDROM and a DAC-AH in the same case.

The plan is to remove the TOTX178 optical receiver from the DAC-AH PCB and to connect the CDROM TTL output directly to where the output pin of the receiver used to be. I thought that should be OK since the DAC receiver (CS8414 chip) expects the TTL level signal from the TOTX178 anyway. Do you see any problem with this?

hi,

I think it's good

If yo have a scope and the Signal is not ok ,try this little circuit .

sanstitre_1.jpg

Serge

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.