TEAC VRDS-10 servo failure ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

My TEAC VRDS10 CD player refuses to read any CD...
The tray opens, load the CD, the upper clamp works, the play buttons lights on, then steady state for a few seconds, and unclamp the CD instead of starting the reading, and nothing else. No rotation of the turntable, the play button lights off and the display is 0. The laser pick-up is faultless : it is new and of the right model. Otherwise, the instrument is genuine.

I have been told that it is a servo control failure, and some of my friends owning VRDS-7 and VRDS-T1 (CD transport) are facing the same problem.

Anyone can help us ? Or has tackled the problem ?

Thanks & very truly yours,

Yes, that can be a mistake to forget to remove this bridge.

Another way to investigate is to have the focus and gain adjusted (see service manual).

I got some problem when swaping laser pickup between VRDS T1 and VRDS 7 (there was the same).

Working on the unit but when I put the laser unit on the other unit, can't read TOC.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.