Datasheet for Samsung KDA0316LN or Sanyo LC7881 DAC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, Circlotron

On the data I have (which is not a lot) they are the same IC's.
I give you the pin-out, tell me if you want the picture of the block-diagram.
I will scan it for you then.
1: Ch 1 out
2: VrefH
3: VrefH2
4: VDD2
5: WCLK2
6: LRCK
7: WCLK1
8: DATA
9: BCLK
10: VDD1
11: TST OUT
12: TST1
13: TST2
14: IF
15: GND
16: VrefL
17: GND
18: VrefL2
19: NC
20: Ch 2 out

/Hugo - Has a crappie scanner but will try on request :clown:

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
An excellent tip you gave concerning Sanyo chips, Eric !
Maybe I can find the datasheet of the 24 pin DIL DAC chip and the DIR used in my Musical Fidelity Tubalog. On the english webpages all datasheets of older chips have been removed. The datasheets offered on the page you mention mostly are japanese datasheets, but still they are better than nothing at all.

Regards,

Jean-Paul\ - who is too lazy to search sometimes too.

edit: I actually found english datasheets for most chips as well.
And finally I found datasheets of the chips used in my DAC :yummy:

MF Tubalog

Hi Jean-Paul,

I have this DAC as well and wish to make some mod to it, thu' have yet to open the cover.

You mentioned that it used a 24 pin Sanyo DAC Have you finally recognised which model it is using?

This is what Sanyo have:
LC7881 16 bit DA 20 DIP
LC7883K 16 bit DA with digital filter 28DIP
LC78833V 16 bit DA with 4fs digital filter and buffer amplifier 24 SSOP
LC78835K 18 bit DA with 8fs digital filter and buffer amplifier 24 DIP
LC78836M 16 bit DA with 8fs Digital filter and buffer amplifier 24 SOP
LC78857V 1 bit DA with 8fs digital filter and analog filter 24pin SSOP
LC78858V 1 bit DA with 8fs digital filter and analog filter Support 256fs and 384fs 24 pin SSOP

Could it be one of them?

There are 2 Sanyo DIR reflected on their website

LC8901 and 8903. I kind of suspect it should be 8901

BTW do u hav the schematic?

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi tbklbl ( ? ),

It's LC78835K and LC8901. Please pay attention to the power supply. The filament current for the tubes is running through the positive 12 V regulator and this one gets too hot because of insufficient heatsinking. There is space for an extra 12 V regulator between the +/- 24 V caps for the tubes and the original 12 V regulator ( on the groundplane ). Scratched some tracks, drilled a 3 mm hole for the wires and hardwired the new regulator with decoupling caps on the pins. I used a real big heatsink on the new 7812 because it gets hot. ( about 800 mA current ). If you do it carefully you can use the original 7812/7912 only for the opamps and the new 7812 for digital and filaments. That way you can be sure the analog PS is clean. If you want it that way you have to connect the 7805's input ( digital supply ) to the new 7812's output !

Changed all caps around the DAC for BG NX Hi Q 22 uF 6,3 V. All other caps are changed to Panasonic FC.

Very good sounding DAC now. Opamps are OPA627BP which was a very big improvement. Removed the socket of the DAC chip and soldered it straight on the PCB. Did some extra decoupling on the +/- 12 V for the opamps. That's about it ! Didn't change the input transfomer yet, it is of a too low bandwidth ( 1 MHz ). Maybe because it is a transformer for Triacs...

I asked the Dutch importer for a schematic and he was embarassed to tell me that MF England didn't have a schematic.
Mine is a revision 1, is yours a rev. 2 ? Curious about what's changed in the device.

Be careful with the screws of the upper cover. They are screwed in brass sockets which are pressed in the wooden panels. When too much force was applied the sockets can become loose of the wood. I glued all brass sockets again with 2 component glue and repaired the cracks in the wooden panels with high quality wood glue.

MF tubalog + Marantz CD52 as transport

Hi Jean Paul,

Thanks for sharing your mod info and advice. It will be of great help once i work on it. Hav u intend to change swap a better tube(6922, ECC88) for the output buffer?

At present I am still hunting for some more info on my good old Marantz CD52 which is used as a transport. The combo of CD52+ tubalog actually beats the new NADC541i even with HDCD playback on the NAD. That's why i am trying to salvage what i got on the CD52. Do u know what transport is using on the CD52 which i intend to change it. The nearest info i found that it using a CDM 4. But I am not sure is it a CDM 4.19 or others CDM4 series and whether is it a straight forward replacement. Do u have some info on this?

And also which CDservo+decoder (SAA72??)chip is it using. Hoping to find the CD52 schematic to upgrade the digital portion

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi tbklbl,

Of course I swapped tubes. The original ones were 6N23P in my Tubalog. Tried Sylvania 7308 and some others. Best of all were Siemens E88CC's in my config. Haven't tried Philips ECC88's yet.

About CDM 4: just open the cdplayer. There is a small adhesive at the back of the mechanics which tells you the version number, year of production, part number + suffix. Don't know the CD52 as far as I can tell. I think it is one of the "plastic" line like CD60 etc.

It probably has CDM4/19 and SAA7220PB but I can be wrong.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.