Discrete I/V converter board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wont have time to get this in one of my DACs for at least a week, and probably more like two, but I thought I would share this with you guys now. I just received a small box in the mail from PCBNet today, with the following inside.

discreteIVtop.jpg

discreteIVbottom.jpg

They are prototype PCBs for the discrete I/V converter board I designed, to be used with current output DACs, especially of the multibit variety (PCM63, PCM1702, PCM1704, AD1862, TDA1541, ect). I currently own two DACs, an Audio Alchemy DDE v3.0 (PMD100 digital filter, dual AD1862N-J DACs) and an Adcom GDA-600 (DF1700 digital filter, dual PCM63 DACs). Both of these will be receiving one of these boards, replacing the entire analog output stage up to the output jacks. Each board is a SE stereo board, with onboard +/- discrete shunt regulators. Board measures 4"x3".

Board layout files and schematic below:

TooleIV.png

TooleIVsch.png

Well, regal, I ordered 20 boards from PCBNet, for $225 shipped. I know I need 5 of them. I guess this means I may have a few left over. ;) Email me if you want one.

As for the hook up wire issue, maybe I am not a good audiophile, but I just cant get worked up about an inch or two of wire in this situation. If I could, I would need to completely redesign the DAC (wait, maybe thats why I have four extra AD1862N-J and a PMD100 sitting here).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.