Picture of Marantz CD7 with Double Crown

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks rfbrw!

What is the recommemded upgarde for CD7?
The clock?
Which freq.?
What is the exact CDM type in CD7?
VAU1254/21 or /31? (like in the CD-Pro2M)

Have you the serivice manual?

My cd7 is "only" less than 3 yrs, but I'd like to stock one CDM for spare for the future ;)

Thx in advance!

atrocity!!!

I checked the serivce manual, and found two EL.CAPS on output signal !!!

I guess this is an atrocity!!!

Why did the designer like this???

see the attachment...

Attachments

• atrocity.jpg
    atrocity.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 926
Thanks Guys!

I will check the DC presence, casue my "pre-amp" is a passive ladder network without any decoupling caps, and my power amp is a JE Labs 300B without any caps at input also...

I hope, the designer of CD7's buffer was a genius, and these caps are just for SAFETY... ;)

Hi,
I own a CD-7 and modded some. There is DC for sure!!!! On XLR there is .5v DC. I replaced with Mundorf Silver/Oil 1µF (high impedance on integrated amp, so low value cap did it for me).
I changed the clock (only the 33.xxxx one) with a TentX02 feeded by XO supply. Nothing with Black gates or schottkey's yet.

There is a huge difference between VAM1252/00 and VAM1254/01.
Different chip (CD-7 laser uses TDA1302T) and pin config of flatcable is different.

I am corresponding with a German Dude. Possibly found a laser replacement (laser assembly is self-adjusting, so would be snap-in replacement).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.