Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

Hi tvicol
Wonderful...well done!
I readjust my order.
On line 50 I add IC set and Transistor set!!!
It's OK? And i don't know when is possible/start to pay a order?

Regards
Ivo-Cici

Helo Ivo-Cici,

Yes, please go ahead.

After 15. July we will put PCB boards in production.
LCD displays are already in production and we should receive them by the end of this month.
Starting with 1st August we will start to accept payments.
Between 15.August and 15.September all orders should be honoured.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
Shiga ready mounted and tested - 169euro - TVA included
This include all PCB boards populated with components (power supply, main board, display board) , CD mechanic and trafo.
On 1st August we will open webshop for 100 Shigaclone mounted and tested. CD Puck and remote not included.

So if we already placed one of these in the Shiga spreadsheet, do we have to go to the Vicol-Audio shop on August 1st and order it there as well? Or are we already "in" since we have it listed on the spreadsheet?

Helo Ivo-Cici,

Yes, please go ahead.

After 15. July we will put PCB boards in production.
LCD displays are already in production and we should receive them by the end of this month.
Starting with 1st August we will start to accept payments.
Between 15.August and 15.September all orders should be honoured.

Regards,
Tibi
Tibi,
Can you please change my order to mounted and tested? Thanks.

Tibi, how many of Peter Daniel's improvements have been incorporated into this design? I know you didn't replace all the rail caps with BG's ;), but what about the crystal, removing some of the SMD bypasses, using Caddocks for the output resistors etc? There's so much info in the history of this thread that it's a little difficult to sort out what Peter and others had done, and how much of it is in this completed design.

Tibi, how many of Peter Daniel's improvements have been incorporated into this design? I know you didn't replace all the rail caps with BG's , but what about the crystal, removing some of the SMD bypasses, using Caddocks for the output resistors etc? There's so much info in the history of this thread that it's a little difficult to sort out what Peter and others had done, and how much of it is in this completed design.

As many other good things, BG's are history these days. Sanyo OsCon will follow soon as well.

You will find that many Peter Daniel's improvements have been included in our design and few more.
PCB was designed to allow two crystal types ane one metal can (Tentlabs).
For output, you may use any THT resistor including Caddocks.
Also there is the option to insert ferite beads for each IC power stage or to use external power supply's leaving room for further experiments for those who like to do this.
Shiga's sound can be influenced mostly by capacitors, so PCB will accept several capacitor types.

And who knows, together with this great community, may we will discover more tweakings, but now is time to move forward.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
And who knows, together with this great community, may we will discover more tweakings, but now is time to move forward.

Regards,
Tibi

I wonder if, once the product begins to be delivered, we should start a separate thread? Something along the lines of "Turning the new Shigaclone into a Giant Killer". There are certainly a ton of great ideas here, but I think it might be worth a new thread just for those interested in tweaking it to be better than the giants past and present.

I wonder if, once the product begins to be delivered, we should start a separate thread? Something along the lines of "Turning the new Shigaclone into a Giant Killer". There are certainly a ton of great ideas here, but I think it might be worth a new thread just for those interested in tweaking it to be better than the giants past and present.

I completely agree with you.

Regards,
Tibi