Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

I am also in favour of using the "stock" JVC configuration. While I am sure it can be improved, it is the safest bet for now. Once we get somewhere with it, we can try other options then.

@tvicol - Tibi, have you given some thought to how you would like to handle the (inevitable) money-related matters? Will you require some advance payment, for example? An order of 100 pcs of each chip will be quite a sum of money to pay up front (not to mention your own invested time).

@tvicol - Tibi, have you given some thought to how you would like to handle the (inevitable) money-related matters? Will you require some advance payment, for example? An order of 100 pcs of each chip will be quite a sum of money to pay up front (not to mention your own invested time).

The aim of this project is to provide a PCB alternative.
I also plan to use this project in a CD transport who will be commercial, so I have direct interest to make from this project a success.
I''ll try to provide all critical components, mecanics, IC's, display and will start to collect money only after boards are ready.
Logistics will be hard, but with the help of few friends everything will go well.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator: