Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

hi Erik,
did you make the board on your motors?
since it's just a few connections I was going to vector board it ,
Are those power supplies doing what you wanted,I used some and they just sat and pulsed,so I returned to the lm 7808 it was before and it's fine maybe I'll build a 7805 and connect it,did you tie in the 5 volts as PD had on his?
Cheers!

hi,

Hi All,
I have been reading from this project for sometimes and decided to give it a try but after a month of sourcing for the JVC RC EZ31/32/51 and not able to find any available in HK. Finally found one JVC RD EZ11 (actuall the only JVC boombox available), bought it and hope it will be similar. I will take it apart and post some picture of the boards and the laser in a day or two. I am a newbe in this area would need all your help.

Thanks

hi

Hi All,
I have been reading from this project for sometimes and decided to give it a try but after a month of sourcing for the JVC RC EZ31/32/51 and not able to find any available in HK. Finally found one JVC RD EZ11 (actuall the only JVC boombox available), bought it and hope it will be similar. I will take it apart and post some picture of the boards and the laser in a day or two. I am a newbe in this area would need all your help.

Thanks

good place to start is here,
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/audio-sector/160373-cd-transport.html

Hi,

I do not know exactly what you mean so I aswer what I think you mean...:D

On my PiTbull I made my own laserboard out of alu and an rvs laser-guidance rod together with a homemade platform with laser-end-switch etc.

On the Mini-Pitbull I bought a ready assembled laser and motor unit with a laser-end-switch and used a 6 wired plug out of the boombox to connect it (see previuos pics) to the electronic-board.

I use the 8V and 5 V connections on the mini-PiTbull as mentioned in this thread.

Since in my opinion this contraption thrives under a good power supply (which audio component does not:)) I am heavy on the supplied juices :D

hi Erik,
Sorry I wasn't clear but line #3ready assembled laser was what I was wanting to know ,I think the boards we ordered have them on them,
How about a pic of the laser rod mod? Did you have to align it afterwards?
Thanks,

113030d1217366723-finally-affordable-cd-

You can read about this somewhere around post 1544

Bybees

Since I heard the Bybees implemented in a Shiga (straight out of the boombox) and implemented on the Mini-PiTbull it was more or less a safe bet to try them out on my own PiTbull....
This time I use the double-barrelled..
Not disapointed...:D

BEFORE
BeforeATT.jpg

DOUBLE BARRALLED
BYBEES-1.jpg

AFTER
ATTafter.jpg

In case you do not spot them Top-Right-Corner of the Digital Out Connectionbox...;)

Hi guys, good news-have had a look at the LA6541 data sheet and the VREF pin is definitely high impedance as it is the input to an opamp (see page 3 of data sheet).

This means it will benefit hugely from the JohnW VREF circuit described earlier.

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/sanyo/ds_pdf_e/LA6541.pdf

Hi dr H,
Where are you sorcing parts for the Vref,I have looked and the reg requires programming and they want to sell tape and reels only where for the diode in a few quanties?
Thanks!

hi
Just a quick fix for the cd switch mine keeps flopping around when I change something on the unit so check out the pic,it's just a left over lead from a cap ,soldered on one side of the switch,then remove the wires and solder on the switch to the board,quick and ez!
Cheers!

Attachments

• cd switch.jpg
    cd switch.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 935
Last edited:
U1: 5534 op-amp; cheap and available from most elec stores
U2: mini voltage reg (2.5-5V)
D1: common schottky diode

It's possible that these components have become harder to source, but I would be very surprised if that is the case.
I'm also in the fortunate position of having built one some years ago which I can therefore just plig and play.

I would not attempt this mod if these parts are not reasonably familiar.

Best
Ryan

Attachments

• 110411 CDP + 9022 s.JPG
    110411 CDP + 9022 s.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 944
Last edited:
hi Dr. H

U1: 5534 op-amp; cheap and available from most elec stores
U2: mini voltage reg (2.5-5V)
D1: common schottky diode

It's possible that these components have become harder to source, but I would be very surprised if that is the case.
I'm also in the fortunate position of having built one some years ago which I can therefore just plig and play.

I would not attempt this mod if these parts are not reasonably familiar.
I can work with that !
Thanks,
Best
Ryan