Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

Wiring photo as requested ...still on a further untouched board...experimental phase

Board.jpg

Last edited:
The Sanyo mechs are available on eBay for less than $10.

Erik, what about the long ribbon cable?

To answer both questions again..:D

The platter is still the same as the one out of the boombox with a difference being the laser end-switch. This time mounted directly underneath.
Enabling you to avoid mechanical stress and all kinds of nasty interferences by taking loose and relocating the electronic board...!!

This I found a "major" tweak...

If you only want to put the board loose/underneath you can still use the standard lint....if any further you need a longer lint...:p

For my PiTbull I even went as far as making my own alu laser board and laser-guide-rail which gave as much a pleasant upgrade as implementing an expensive clock/powersupply.

The standard board is very poor quality and magnetic...but let us not forget we still talk about a few euro's for a complete nice transport...biggest bang in High End History !!

BTW
I spotted the units for 25 dollars on the internet
Mine came with a long(er) lint...I had a choice

Last edited:
Last edited:
well it rides again after the inferno of ic 903,I know it's not pretty but I'll fix it soon,the nice thing about it is The chip gets warm,but not hot with no heat sink,dip was all I could find and the pins were different,maybe my name should have been Murphy,lol. ,I measured 98 degrees and it doesn't get confused like it did sometimes before it smoked,runs great and sounds good I had been using a pioneer cd player and I can tell I missed it,
Well I couldn't stand the puck wobbling anymore so I trimmed it down some and I use silicone based caulking to seat the magnet in side the puck,it can move a good bit inside so it's not centered,I cut the edges to the magnet size and balanced it again with a model airplane balance jig,IT don't wobble no more and the cd runs true,still want to dump the magnet ,it's strong enough to influence the laser head,,,,,,,,
Thanks Peter D. for all those nice pics you took ,it did help to know where the wire' s went even though the pinout turned out to be different,
Cheers!

Attachments

• from kodac 072.jpg
    from kodac 072.jpg
    616.9 KB · Views: 623
  • from kodac 076.jpg
    from kodac 076.jpg
    845.1 KB · Views: 586
  • from kodac 075.jpg
    from kodac 075.jpg
    666 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
hi,fran,

:p
hey found those too! but they are $18.00 each,I was hoping you had found them for less,but no problems and thanks for posting them!Got 3 on the way with some lint
Is this your site you have under your name?
If yes when will those headphones be available to purchase?:mischiev:
Thanks,

what model did you get

Yep. its a prototype reviews site.... should be much more up there, but other stuff got in the way,,,, The headphones are widely available... and cheap too! I think I paid about 30 euro for mine. They make a load of them, but only one or 2 models are good I think.

Fran

Fran,
Which ones have you got and do you like em' or would you trade them for XXXX

The ones I have are the HD681 - they are like the AKG 240s IIRC. I understand that superlux make a lot of parts for AKG - and others - which are then assembled by AKG in Austria. They don't sound as good as the k701s (or senn 650s either) but are a fantastic budget buy. I've seen reports of guys fitting velour earpads rather than the vinyl ones and apparently that makes them sound better too.

Its hardly worth trading - here's a link, but I'm sure you'll get them closer to home froma pro musicians store SUPERLUX HD681 - Thomann Irish Cyberstore. Theres another model, I think its the 668.... but do search and check... SUPERLUX HD-668 B - Thomann Irish Cyberstore

Fran

thanks I give it a look and see !

The ones I have are the HD681 - they are like the AKG 240s IIRC. I understand that superlux make a lot of parts for AKG - and others - which are then assembled by AKG in Austria. They don't sound as good as the k701s (or senn 650s either) but are a fantastic budget buy. I've seen reports of guys fitting velour earpads rather than the vinyl ones and apparently that makes them sound better too.

Its hardly worth trading - here's a link, but I'm sure you'll get them closer to home froma pro musicians store SUPERLUX HD681 - Thomann Irish Cyberstore. Theres another model, I think its the 668.... but do search and check... SUPERLUX HD-668 B - Thomann Irish Cyberstore

Fran

Hi All,
I have been reading from this project for sometimes and decided to give it a try but after a month of sourcing for the JVC RC EZ31/32/51 and not able to find any available in HK. Finally found one JVC RD EZ11 (actuall the only JVC boombox available), bought it and hope it will be similar. I will take it apart and post some picture of the boards and the laser in a day or two. I am a newbe in this area would need all your help.

Thanks

Last edited: