Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

Today I was concentrating on the leadsheets around the powersupply-box 2 sidepanels, a frontpanel and the bottom (tomorrow the coppersheets inside the box
and a matrix for the EI-Trafo's)

I use Roofing-Lead on the roll and cut it to size with a Stanley-knife...glueing with 30 mi. construction-glue...

Attachments

• leadsheetbottom.jpg
    leadsheetbottom.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,551
After finishing with the sheets, it was time to put the cocobolo on the sides...I used brass screws 4 per panel....

I used smaller cocobolo blocks than the actual size of the panels to give it a more elegant look...although in reality it becomes a rocklike formation....the weight is already nearly to much to handle...and I am not finished yet......so I will take care of a workingplatform on wheels soon.....

The other "design"-wood around the cocobolo will become ebony....
And the top will be a 3mm copper plate........

Attachments

• sidepanelfinished.jpg
    sidepanelfinished.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,622
Today...experimenting with an ebony display....and a frontpanel for the PitBull...

A bit of though luck ...injured my finger with a razor sharp tiptoe...while replacing it for a Goldmund tiptoe.....shop closed where I wanted to buy copper....ebony to small to use.....while painting the sides of the plastic display black...it got sucked underneath the glass....:mad: :yell: :headbash:

Attachments

• display.jpg
    display.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,466
One gets older and one does not want to bend further than nature has in store for him... :wchair:

Anyway kidding aside (just finished the 10 km run) and I want to show a little progress...

First the foto which shows what I mean with a more elegant look for the psu..

Second the Goldmund cones I am going to use...mounted in ebony...

Attachments

• woodaround.jpg
    woodaround.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,291
Re: JVC RCEZ31B in CANADA

rubydac said:
Does anyone still finding JVC RCEZ31B ?

My friend in CANADA have this model in his local shop, I had contact him to send it to me when I lived in UK.

75$ a piece.

Thanks
Rubydac

I have two of them, brand new in their original boxes. I bought them to build the singaclone project. I decided not to do it. Too old for that!!!! LOL.
They are for sale. Anyone interested, pm me.

Hi all,

I just got my mechanism today. So would anyone have some of the parts needed for modding the mech? In particular the stuff that I would need to order from digikey eg the crystal? If someone has a kit of all the parts that would be really great!!

But, if someone has a spare crystal, and is willing to pop it in an envelope, I would be most grateful (and of course pay!)

Fran

Kevinr,

I'm thinking it is past time to get one of these transports down to you. I've tried everything I can think of, but at this point it looks like these are just not compatible with the HagDac. My Marantz works great playing through the HagDac so at least I have music.

I'll send you an email.

woodturner-fran said:
OK, I hope my partsconnexion order goes OK, but would anyone have a spare one of the citizen crystals knocking about? Mouser don't stock them and the last time I tried to order from digikey they wouldn't ship international on orders <$100 (and then the shipping was $100!)

Any help much appreciated!

Fran

Hi Fran

Ask Peter he may have one in stock.