Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

kevinkr said:

:D

The PitBull... Interesting, any explanation? Hmmm I think mine is called something like "The MoneySink"... For an explanation just read my parts of the saga.. :devilr: :D

An hommage to PitTracer....

Simularities with the infamous dog....small... heavy...a lot of power supply....and determined to win....

BTW just finished the evening with playing cd's ending with the cd
"Concerts in China from J.M. Jarre "
(the full concert on a single disc)
and I actually started to enjoy the contraption a lot more than yesterday evening....but I will hold my horses...
:angel:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Erik,
I'd seriously recommend 301/100 or 392/92 as the rated output current of the dsp IC is considerably less than 50mA, - basically it should be about 12mA or so - also two 75 ohm resistors do not properly terminate the source end of the cable which is now seeing a source impedance of 37.5 ohms instead of 75.. (The thevenin equivalent of your two resistors and the 75 input Z of the lens would be about 100 ohms hanging directly off of the dsp port with 4-5Vpp hence 40 - 50mA pk - still too high imo.)

The situation in terms of voltage at the load end of the cable is a bit better with about 1.6Vpp (still rather high, typical spdif levels with proper terminations are around 500mVpp) at the input, but with an improper source termination impedance.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Re: Interested Check

clearaudio said:
For all of you whose interested in the platter and screw on cap for the shigaclone mechanism, I am able to supply. The cost is USD$50 including postage to any where in the world. it will be made either in delrin or nylon. Pictures to follow soon. PM me, from Singapore.

Sounds interesting, any possibility of a simple tool (puller) to prevent motor damage when removing the old platter?