Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Peter Daniel said:

I was switching between supplies without turning 8V power off and it worked fine.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I'm trying to 'design' a CCS+Shunt regulator for the 5v supply. For those of you that have built the 5v supply already. Can anyone they me the current draw of that supply?

Regards,
Dan

audio1st said:
Hi Richard, for analogue out you will need to replace the output caps, R1 and R2..Add better quality here if you wish.

Hi

The two caps used for analogue output coupling are 3.3uf 50v

Unfortunately I don't have any BGs but I do have some Panasonic FC 10uf 50v in my parts bin.

http://uk.farnell.com/9692363/passives/product.us0?sku=panasonic-eeufc1h100&_requestid=331251

Will these be OK? If so, would I be better swapping two of the BGs 10uf 50s used elsewhere on the board for these? And putting the Panasonic in their place.

Peter if you remember I purchased two BG 10uf/50v to replace the 4.7uf.

Your help is appreciated as ever

Richard

Hi Richard, don't waste the the BG's for the output. it will never compete with a separate DAC.
The 10uF Panasonic's are small enough in size to fit on the board so use these. You could always use off-board Poly's to get the best out of the on-board DAC if this is the way you wish to go.

The LED is a standard 5mm type..

Hi Richard, here is a guide to how to use off-board caps, 2.2uF up to 10uF would be suitable. Resistor values are flexible as well.

Attachments

• jvcoutput.jpg
    jvcoutput.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,223
Tripmaster said:

Hi Jeroen

Thanks. I used them for an order last week. I placed an order on Thursday and the parcel arrived in England on the Tuesday. Really impressed!

I wanted to get the parts from the UK as I only need a couple of items this time.

I tried finding a local supplier too but the shipping from the US is now cheaper then local in The Netherlands due to the dollar... Thank you Bush :cannotbe: