Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story - Page 652 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2012, 07:18 AM   #6511
tvicol is offline tvicol  Romania
vicol-audio.ro
diyAudio Member
 
tvicol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bucharest
Send a message via Yahoo to tvicol Send a message via Skype™ to tvicol
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyptony View Post
Tibi, how do we do this? Do I request that you send me an invoice for two pucks? Or do I add it somehow to the Order List?
Send me a mail and Ill invoice you.

Regards,
Tibi
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 07:38 PM   #6512
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Helo,

I've been trying to find varouis bits of info relating to this build, but as yet no luck via the 650+ pages! I am looking to build a Transport, DAC and AMP.
THe transport is this (will hopefully be it anyway)

Anyway would someone be able to answer the following questions:

If the mini kit is purchased what else is required to get an up and running system? (I assume all the other bits on the BOM?)

Would anyone be able to give me a rough idea of the cost of the system?

I have read that to connect to a DAC the digitial out signal is too high, I did find a mod for sorting out the levels but have lost it, is the mod required for connecting to the ebay DAC kits listed all over the shop!

Finally is it just a case of soldering all the bits on and the system will work?

Many thanks, please forgive the silly questions!
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 09:00 PM   #6513
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
hello Tibi
what is the weight of the alluminium puck?
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 09:51 PM   #6514
diyAudio Member
 
buzzforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Burlington, NC
Tibi,
How are the full blown Shiga kits coming?
__________________
...Shape the sound , Man!
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 12:51 PM   #6515
diyAudio Member
 
dillmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prince George
I am still assembling my boards and I have found that the connector listed for j4 and j10 will only fit on the wrong side of the two boards. This would put it behind the LCD on the display board. Also the part does not seem to come with the piercer for the ribbon cable and regardless of that I can find no source for the ribbon cable in North America. Has anyone from our side of the world come up with a solution for this? If not can I purchase these parts from you Tibi? Thanks in advance. ( :
I am using the 538-90584-1318 part from Mouser.
__________________
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Last edited by dillmeister; 18th December 2012 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Added additional information
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 02:06 PM   #6516
diyAudio Member
 
uncle_leon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Czyżeminek, near Łdź
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmes81 View Post
I have read that to connect to a DAC the digitial out signal is too high, I did find a mod for sorting out the levels but have lost it, is the mod required for connecting to the ebay DAC kits listed all over the shop!
This "mod" is also known as output resistors They limit the current drawn from the LC78901 chip, and knock down the digital output voltage. They should be included in the new Shiga kit already (R48 & R49). In any case, most DACs would lock fine even without those resistors. See output resistors section in my Shigaclone guide.
__________________
Studio Zy - natural, hand-crafted components for hi-end audio.
"Dare to be different, and you may stumble upon something amazing."
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 07:10 PM   #6517
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillmeister View Post
I am still assembling my boards and I have found that the connector listed for j4 and j10 will only fit on the wrong side of the two boards. This would put it behind the LCD on the display board. Also the part does not seem to come with the piercer for the ribbon cable and regardless of that I can find no source for the ribbon cable in North America. Has anyone from our side of the world come up with a solution for this? If not can I purchase these parts from you Tibi? Thanks in advance. ( :
I am using the 538-90584-1318 part from Mouser.
I had the same problem, the mouser part is just as you described it it will only go in on the wrong side. I ended up buying the red farnell one that tibi uses.
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 05:53 AM   #6518
tvicol is offline tvicol  Romania
vicol-audio.ro
diyAudio Member
 
tvicol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bucharest
Send a message via Yahoo to tvicol Send a message via Skype™ to tvicol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmes81 View Post
Helo,

I've been trying to find varouis bits of info relating to this build, but as yet no luck via the 650+ pages! I am looking to build a Transport, DAC and AMP.
THe transport is this (will hopefully be it anyway)

Anyway would someone be able to answer the following questions:

If the mini kit is purchased what else is required to get an up and running system? (I assume all the other bits on the BOM?)

Would anyone be able to give me a rough idea of the cost of the system?

I have read that to connect to a DAC the digitial out signal is too high, I did find a mod for sorting out the levels but have lost it, is the mod required for connecting to the ebay DAC kits listed all over the shop!

Finally is it just a case of soldering all the bits on and the system will work?

Many thanks, please forgive the silly questions!
Hello,

Mini kit will offer only critical and hard to find components.
All other parts are on BOM and can be purchased from Mouser, Digikey, Farnell, TME. In BOM you have all options, but please pay attention on cell comments and do not mix parts from Digikey with Farnell and Mouser.
As all parts are listed in BOM with code and direct links to distributor, just add them to your cart and you have a precise cost.

For digital output we have included on board output resistors.

Yep, just solder all parts and will work. Have a look on out webpage for more detailed info. There is a datasheet as well with construction details.

Regards,
Tibi
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 05:57 AM   #6519
tvicol is offline tvicol  Romania
vicol-audio.ro
diyAudio Member
 
tvicol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bucharest
Send a message via Yahoo to tvicol Send a message via Skype™ to tvicol
Quote:
Originally Posted by tube 300 View Post
hello Tibi
what is the weight of the alluminium puck?
No idea, I need to get a kitchen balance to measure and let you know.
FYI, puck drawing was posted on the other thread.
Using the new 2012 Shigaclone to create a killer high end transport

Regards,
Tibi
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 06:03 AM   #6520
tvicol is offline tvicol  Romania
vicol-audio.ro
diyAudio Member
 
tvicol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bucharest
Send a message via Yahoo to tvicol Send a message via Skype™ to tvicol
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
Tibi,
How are the full blown Shiga kits coming?
Yes, its coming but we had problems with sourcing different wood types, metal laser cutting and burning etc.
All solved now and pictures will be presented soon.

Regards,
Tibi
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:16 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2