Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story - Page 616 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th August 2012, 12:51 PM   #6151
diyAudio Member

Looks like a good solution Sean...
Old 5th August 2012, 01:05 PM   #6152
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Henderson View Post
On the standard SF-P101N 16 pin 16p CD Mechanism, with a CD in place, I then applied an interface layer to the bottom of the magnet so it was contacting the top of the CD, but allowing the 14mm ID surface of the magnet to center on the CD Turntable tapered surface. The result is perfect alignment of the CD Puck.
Sean, this sounds like a great idea. I'm trying to picture what you said about an interface layer, but my imagination is not that good. Can you provide a bit more info about this part - or a drawing or pic?
Old 5th August 2012, 01:07 PM   #6153
diyAudio Member

Default CD Remote

Is the Sanyo RM-SRCBX330 J Remote Control code compatible with the Shigaclone system?
Old 5th August 2012, 09:05 PM   #6154
diyAudio Member

Default CD Clamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyptony View Post
Sean, this sounds like a great idea. I'm trying to picture what you said about an interface layer, but my imagination is not that good. Can you provide a bit more info about this part - or a drawing or pic?
tonyptony,

I measured the gap between the CD and the magnet resting on the CD Turntable molded taper and then hunted around for a soft material in my stash of stuff that was close to the thickness needed.

There will be some minor variation in the ID of the magnets I needed...I ordered three(3)...though we are talking about .0005 variation, which is nothing to worry about. The bigger variation is the thickness of CD's, but that is +/- .003" or less in the in the sampling I did.

So what I am saying is that with the variables involved here, you will need to experiment with the thickness of the interface material if you use the magnets noted. I happen to have some painters masking tape on hand that was perfect in thickness with one layer and allows the magnet, with the tape in place, to contact all the CD's I tried and provide a slip free grip between the magnet CD Clamp, the CD's I tried, and the Sanyo CD Turntable. Even with the thinnest CD on hand, there was only .002" run-out of the magnet and at the rpm speeds of the CD drive motor, the very slight imbalance is a none issue as the mass variation is at the center of rotation. There is more vibration due to dynamic imbalance in CD's caused be the variation in the centering holes.

There are other type tapes that would work. The beauty is the stuff is cheap and if it needs replacement or more thickness, it is easy to replace, add more, or change thickness as needed.
Old 5th August 2012, 09:21 PM   #6155
...truth seeker...
diyAudio Member

Tibi,

Please review my post #6035 and your reply, post #6038 with regard to my order. You have e-mail. Could you send another invoice?

Thanks
Old 5th August 2012, 09:27 PM   #6156
diyAudio Member

Quote:
So what I am saying is that with the variables involved here, you will need to experiment with the thickness of the interface material if you use the magnets noted. I happen to have some painters masking tape on hand that was perfect in thickness with one layer and allows the magnet, with the tape in place, to contact all the CD's I tried and provide a slip free grip between the magnet CD Clamp
Thanks Sean.
Old 5th August 2012, 09:38 PM   #6157
tvicol is offline tvicol  Romania
vicol-audio.ro
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to tvicol Send a message via Skype™ to tvicol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed LaFontaine View Post
Tibi,

Please review my post #6035 and your reply, post #6038 with regard to my order. You have e-mail. Could you send another invoice?

Thanks
Sorry for confusion. Invoice was canceled and a new one sent.

Regards,
Tibi
Old 5th August 2012, 10:54 PM   #6158
diyAudio Member

Default CD Remote

Tibi,

Is the JVC RM-SRCBX330 J Remote Control code compatible with the Shigaclone system?
Old 6th August 2012, 02:14 AM   #6159
diyAudio Member

CD Remote

Yes, it is compatible. I tested it with both JVC boombox and Sanyo boombox.
Old 6th August 2012, 07:36 AM   #6160
tvicol is offline tvicol  Romania
vicol-audio.ro
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to tvicol Send a message via Skype™ to tvicol
Quote:
Tibi,

Is the JVC RM-SRCBX330 J Remote Control code compatible with the Shigaclone system?
Im not able to get schematic for JVC RM-SRCBX330, so I can not advice you.

Original JVC RC-EZ31 use SC7461-103 IC made by SILAN. If your remote have this chip inside, than will work.

Regards,
Tibi

Hide this!Advertise here!