Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story - Page 352 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2009, 05:47 AM   #3511
hayenc is offline hayenc  United States
diyAudio Member
 
hayenc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Send a message via Yahoo to hayenc
I have removed the wire from both of my units (31 and 32). I believe I traced it out to ground and my assumption was static protection on the original unit. Also removed the thin plastic, which was probably both protection and the source of the static on the original box.
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 06:13 AM   #3512
Morfeus is offline Morfeus  Germany
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Berlin
Quote:
Originally posted by hayenc
I believe I traced it out to ground and my assumption was static protection on the original unit.
this is exactly what the cable does. I wouldn't remove it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 04:17 PM   #3513
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Quebec
Quote:
Originally posted by hayenc
I have removed the wire from both of my units (31 and 32). I believe I traced it out to ground and my assumption was static protection on the original unit. Also removed the thin plastic, which was probably both protection and the source of the static on the original box.

Quote:
Originally posted by Morfeus


this is exactly what the cable does. I wouldn't remove it.
Thanks for your help fellows! It makes alot of sense. I'll fill in with a thin foam spacer.

Guy
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 09:45 AM   #3514
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Default 5V

Hi ,

I need help...

I want to give separate 5 V to Shigaclone, but I do not know how to do exactly
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 01:17 PM   #3515
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Default Re: 5V

Quote:
Originally posted by vitalica
Hi ,

I need help...

I want to give separate 5 V to Shigaclone, but I do not know how to do exactly
I believe Peter went through this in detail earlier in these posts. Search and you shall find.

Regards,
Dan


  Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 02:12 PM   #3516
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Quebec
Default Re: 5V

Quote:
Originally posted by vitalica
Hi ,

I need help...

I want to give separate 5 V to Shigaclone, but I do not know how to do exactly
Here's a hint, but you'll find way more answers if you do keyword search

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...58#post1759758
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 07:46 AM   #3517
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Hi Leoparleur ,

Je vous remercie beaucoup!!!
Thank you very very much!!!

Regards,
Vitalie
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 08:49 AM   #3518
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Can I use a source of super stabilized 9V?
(Instead of 8V)

Thancks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 09:14 AM   #3519
dzuvela is offline dzuvela  Croatia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally posted by vitalica
Can I use a source of super stabilized 9V?
(Instead of 8V)

Thancks!

9V is not recommended.
You can use 5V regulator and rise up output with zener diode 3V up to 3.3.V between middle leg and ground.
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 09:33 AM   #3520
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Thancks Dzuvela .
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:13 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2