Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story - Page 332 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th April 2009, 04:58 PM   #3311
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Check this post for explanation on output resistors choice: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...56#post1635656
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 11th April 2009, 05:19 PM   #3312
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
Check this post for explanation on output resistors choice: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...56#post1635656

Thanks Peter! I'll be at it.

I'm still at P.48 on my catching up. The reason of my slowness is that I'm trying to grasp everything while I read and also follow the most updated posts in this thread. Ouch! I'm learning pretty much, it's so interesting.

Guy
Old 16th April 2009, 06:34 PM   #3313
diyAudio Member

If anyone has a spare boombox or parts needed to build this transport, and is willing to ship to USA, I'd like to purchase them.
Old 17th April 2009, 03:27 PM   #3314
Zim is offline Zim  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Can I add a picture of another finished Shigaclone.

I machined this out of a solid block of Aluminium, it started out at 7kg and now is more like 5 what with it now having a big hole in it.

I went for a milled dashboard type effect on the outside a bit like you get in old Bentleys and Aston Martins. We have a CNC at work that I get the chance to use out of work time but even so it took quite a bit longer than planned. Working out the program to machine the lid was particularly brain numbing.

I'm thinking of adding a window on the front at some point for the display but this may be a while off as I'd like to just enjoy to it for the time being.

I can only add to the thanks Peter has received for highlighting the idea of making a player from a boombox, it outperforms my previous player (a sony cdp-3000 ES) and hopefully should be my last.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shigaclone.jpg (53.1 KB, 1167 views)
Old 17th April 2009, 03:53 PM   #3315
diyAudio Member

This seller on UK's e-bay has more than 10 available http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JVC-PORTABLE-C...arms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318
Old 17th April 2009, 04:00 PM   #3316
diyAudio Member

Hi Zim
I don't think anyone would mind seeing your handy work.
Old 17th April 2009, 05:37 PM   #3317
diyAudio Member

Very original and it does look flashy.....one of a kind...must be great fun to own.

My compliments
Old 17th April 2009, 07:21 PM   #3318
diyAudio Member

oooh, shiny!!!

Very nice Zim - any chance of a pic of the internals? What mods did you do?

Fran
Old 17th April 2009, 11:57 PM   #3319
diyAudio Member

Default local source of JVC RC-EZ31 found

Hi folks,

I haven't read all 130-odd pages of this thread (I got about half way before I found that way too much time had gone by), so I don't know what the current state of supply of the EZ31 units is. But I thought I would mention that I've found a store fairly close by that has several in stock. I was thinking of getting one myself, so just thought I'd put the offer out there if anyone is desperate to find one.

-Dan
Old 18th April 2009, 02:12 AM   #3320
diyAudio Member

Default Re: local source of JVC RC-EZ31 found

Quote:
Originally posted by Sparhawk
Hi folks,

I haven't read all 130-odd pages of this thread (I got about half way before I found that way too much time had gone by), so I don't know what the current state of supply of the EZ31 units is. But I thought I would mention that I've found a store fairly close by that has several in stock. I was thinking of getting one myself, so just thought I'd put the offer out there if anyone is desperate to find one.

-Dan
I have a friend in our area looking for one. Can you PM me?

Regards,
Dan

Hide this!Advertise here!