Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

Hi Tibi,

I am mixed up a bit. I did not find in the bom the display, neither in the complete kit nor in the fully assembled unit. Is it part of these options?
I found an ir receiver, but I read the remote was not included, what are the options then?
Is TVA applicable for those outside the Euro countries?

THank you,

See line 103 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuQF0EAtUutedEhBYW9hSklhOEVmSERodi1xSldyUUE#gid=0
and yes, display is part of all options unless you choose to not use one.
TVA is applicable for all countries.

Regards,
Tibi

3. Shiga Ready Mounted and Tested is an individual PCB with all components mounted - SMD and leaded components.

In that particular case you like to have a partially mounted Shiga Ready Mounted and Tested, you need to mail me this option. The price will be same (169euro) and you´ll will receive THT components as well, but not mounted.

Regards,
Tibi

Okay, but I'm a little confused. Isn't the Ready Mounted and Tested the audio PCB, the two power supply PCBs, plus the display and interface PCB?

I've changed my request. Now two lines. One Ready Mounted and Tested, the second a Full Kit with all SMDs installed.

See line 103 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuQF0EAtUutedEhBYW9hSklhOEVmSERodi1xSldyUUE#gid=0
and yes, display is part of all options unless you choose to not use one.
TVA is applicable for all countries.

Regards,
Tibi

Tibi, thank you for clarifying a few things here.
I went back in the thread to have answers on the remote control.
I found out that an universal type should do, but will the original EZ-31 boombox remote control be compatible with your design?
Not sure, because I think you have added very interesting features the EZ-31 don't have.
The bom also includes the option of better quality parts. Are these available?

Thank you again

Ok, let me clarify things even further.

For and ONLY diyaudio members we are offering
DIY Shiga KIT - 40.45euro - TVA included
This include PCB; CD mechanic SFP101N-16P; chipset LA9242M, LC78601RE, LA6541, transistor set 2SA608NF, 2SB764E, 2SA1342; custom multiplexed LCD.
Plase also note that you may order any of this parts in any quantity you need. Also note that you need to be registered on the list before 15.July.
This product will not be available via vicol-audio webshop and all the sale will be done trough diyaudio forum - you contact me and I´l bill you via paypal.
.....................................................................................................

Following two products are commercial and will be available on Vicol-Audio webshop starting with 1st August.
The stock is limited to 100 pcs for FULL Shiga KIT and Shiga ready mounted and tested.
You may reserve one of these products registering on the same list before 15.July

FULL Shiga KIT - 99euro - TVA included
This include all components to build Shigaclone.
You will receive PCB boards, all THT and SMD components, CD mechanic, LCD display and connectors.
That means all components except CD Puck, trafo and remote which are not included.

Shiga ready mounted and tested - 169euro - TVA included
This include all PCB boards populated with components (power supply, main board, display board) , CD mechanic and trafo.
On 1st August we will open webshop for 100 Shigaclone mounted and tested. CD Puck and remote not included.

You may also order FULL Shiga KIT with all SMD mounted, but the price is also 169euro.

Hope this will clarify things a bit and answer to your questions.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
about Vicol-Audio Shiga

What you should know about Vicol-Audio Shiga product.

Vicol-Audio Shiga product is an identical copy of Shigaraki, respectively JVC RC-EZ31 in terms of schematic and active components.
We have sourced exactly the same mechanism
SFP101N-16P
We have sourced exactly the same active components
LA9242M; LC78601RE; LA6541
2SA608NF; 2SB764E; 2SA1342
We have designed and produced a slightly bigger equivalent LCD display. Original one is no more available nor any equivalent one.
LC78601RE is driving a 2 digit multiplexed matrix LCD display. This is not a standard multiplexed LCD as used in multimeter's or other equipments, so we had to made a custom one.
The PCB was completely redesigned using two layer board. This allow better layout, routing and usage of a greater component variety.
Instead original SMD 0805 components we choose to use 1206, offering a slightly better thermal stability.
As the Vicol-Audio Shiga is identical to JVC RC-EZ31 and use same DSP chip LC78601RE, same remote - used by JVC RC-EZ31 - will work perfectly.
Another change you´ll notice is that almost all electrolytic capacitors have been changed to organic polymer and tantalum.

In the last month we have extensively tested different power supply configurations for Shiga. We have powered each chip from separate low noise regulators, or each chip section from separate +5V sources. In some cases, powering different chip sections from separate low noise sources leaded to complete malfunction of Shiga, or highly degraded sound.
Our conclusion is that the original configuration is the best.
The final Vicol-Audio Shiga product will have only one power supply board, as in the original one.
Also during prototype tests we have found several schematic and PCB errors in our design. These have been corrected.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator: