Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th July 2008, 09:12 AM   #1551
diyAudio Member

Erik, your work is brilliant and I can't wait to see more. It is going to be the best transport in the world ever..

rikkert1978, I have attached picture of the 8v from original power supply if you still need it..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31power.jpg (69.3 KB, 1373 views)
Old 30th July 2008, 09:35 AM   #1552
Tham is offline Tham  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

"It is much more analog like...incredible just how much natural colour there are on the instruments....for me I do not want to go back to the Wadia anymore.....the flow of the music is addictive"

I fully agree with that. I built my clone based on Peter's mod but using Panasonic FM/Rubycon ZL caps with stock resonator and had been very impressed with it so far.

I actually sold my Wadia 8 recently.

Tham
Old 30th July 2008, 12:39 PM   #1553
gtaebr is offline gtaebr  United States
diyAudio Member

Anyone have a ez31 in pieces or not that they would ship to USA?

Thanks guys.

Joe
Old 30th July 2008, 02:36 PM   #1554
diyAudio Member

Audio1st, thanks allot for that! This might be exactly what I need.

Cool to hear that the jvc`s that are finished are really delivering quality sound, its a good motivation to finish mine.
Old 30th July 2008, 03:43 PM   #1555
kanifee is offline kanifee  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Ok i started this project today and ive hit a snag allready, never a good sign!

Ive got the unit running from 8v off of the original ps untill i can get another transformer, i thought it would be good for a before and after aswell.
ive changed a couple of bits allready just to get it up and running for the other mods. for all intense and purposes the thing is working, it powers up, the disc plays but im not getting any signal through the digital out. Im using my audigy 2's cd spdif in for now though i do have an amp with digital in that im using to troubleshoot and its the same on both, no audio atall.

Here is what i have done so far

Ive marked in red the caps i have removed and the jumper i have put in as per the mods pdf.
Click the image to open in full size.
This is how im getting the digital out, im trying without resistors at the moment.
Here is everything i have touched on the top of the board so far
As you can see form the picture above, i have had to put the cap on a lead as i didnt quite realise how delicate the traces are on this board, i lifted the pad so i had to uncover the trace and solde rto that, i have cheacked this a couple of times and it seems like it is all were it needs to be.

Maybe theres something ive missed i need to do before the digital out will work or maybe ive done some more serious damage? i have checked and everything seems ok though i have untrained eyes!
Old 30th July 2008, 03:54 PM   #1556
RKH is offline RKH  United States
diyAudio Member

Joe,
Send me an e-mail thru this forum.

RKH

Quote:
Originally posted by gtaebr
Anyone have a ez31 in pieces or not that they would ship to USA?

Thanks guys.

Joe
Old 30th July 2008, 04:56 PM   #1557
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by kanifee
Ok i started this project today and ive hit a snag allready, never a good sign!

Ive got the unit running from 8v off of the original ps untill i can get another transformer, i thought it would be good for a before and after aswell.
ive changed a couple of bits allready just to get it up and running for the other mods. for all intense and purposes the thing is working, it powers up, the disc plays but im not getting any signal through the digital out. Im using my audigy 2's cd spdif in for now though i do have an amp with digital in that im using to troubleshoot and its the same on both, no audio atall.

<snip>

Maybe theres something ive missed i need to do before the digital out will work or maybe ive done some more serious damage? i have checked and everything seems ok though i have untrained eyes!

Make sure you have wired the digital out correctly. Also many SPDIF receiver ICs are overloaded by the nearly 5Vpp from the spdif output (in which case the receiver ic will not lock on the signal and generates a mute flag) - you really need to use the proper network. Look at some of my earlier posts on this subject. Others have encountered the same problem. If you have a scope you can check to see whether or not you have signal at your rca jack.
Old 30th July 2008, 05:09 PM   #1558
diyAudio Member

Today I took the motor apart....nothing to tweak for me...
What I did do however is gave them a 2 mm copper Jacket and a grounding posibility....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motor.jpg (56.2 KB, 1069 views)
Old 30th July 2008, 05:10 PM   #1559
diyAudio Member

Mounted by a tight fitting (making a cut and pressing it together...)

For the photo and my experimenting I used my "dummy" motors
Attached Images
File Type: jpg earthing.jpg (51.8 KB, 1078 views)
Old 30th July 2008, 05:10 PM   #1560
kanifee is offline kanifee  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I havnt got a scope to check, i got my parts off of peter, in the bag there is a dale 301 ohm resistor and another of which im unsure of the value, i cant see any were in the pdf they are used so i take it these would be for the spdif out?

Hide this!Advertise here!