Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

Yesterday the first careful steps to completion...
After 7 hours of work from 2 guys..the trannies were in place...that is inside the PiTbull Powersupply box

Tonight some serious listening to determine what the changes are...mind you everything is still wired in an experimental stage because the thing will be finished "by ear"

The Tent psu will be replaced cause it is not sufficient to supply the AT & T...fortunately there is just enough space to fill it with a homemade...

Here you see my friend Anton doing the hard work...while I am making tea.....:D

Attachments

• mountinganton.jpg
    mountinganton.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,289
since there was no answer on my question few posts before this one, i have decided to go with the left suggestion.... using two bussbars, one next to the other and the third one on top of them and on that third one i will put my mechanism..... it will be bolted using brass spacers .... hopefully it will sound good....

also arround this construction i will put some wood... will see about that later.....

I have seriously thought about your question but I reckon it is very hard if not imposible to aswer......

Even Peter is switching from springs to hard suspension...no minor detail in a design like this (or actually ANY design) but I take it that his idea comes through listening.....and comparing....done in your own set-up......those are/should be your ONLY parameters with this contraption.

Another way of building it.... is as a direct copy... in trusting the designer and its philosophy....but that stays a risky game.......

I personnally would definitely build it in a way that I can change it and compare it...to the previous tweak
(your mechanical set-up)...that should turn out very fruitfull...;)

Erik - in post 1329 of this thread.... you have played with some brass (you say copper - so i do not know if they are copper or brass) standoffs.....

i have found the same looking material and would be happy to know how were you satisfied with those standoffs...... i would use only two of them.....

if you can remember - of course.....
thnx....

also - do you still use those small weights for the action - post 1514 of the thread.....

woodturner-fran said:
ccshua:

I think you connected the LED the wrong way around. The orange wire goes to ground, the grey wire should have the resistor in series and then connected to the + rail. Check the markings on the board, I think you will see the orange wire is labelled LED- and the grey next to it as LED+

Fran

oupss.... you are right - my bad.... i saw the polarity wrong way.... the led - correct.... my bad

:D sorry ccschua