Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

...all the adjustable bits get there screws...

Attachments

• blackscrews.jpg
    blackscrews.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,173
quan said:
Hi the puck is held in place by three small black screws if look closely and these can be removed by using a small screwdriver.

OK. Problem solved. I remove the puck. I was surprise to find a magnet inside the puck.

Also I have tested the digital signal, it is WORKING !!!

However there is this clock thingy, which is using 3 pin. The pins are connected to the processor. I was alraid to wire wrongly so I just leave it as it is.

I have also purchase a clock from www.audio-gd.com. I intend to use that clock instead, Wonder how to connect the clock ? is it connect to the outter 2 pin and leave the center pin alone ?

16112008108.jpg

Most of the cap I use Sanyo Oscon (E1-E6), except E5 which I used Panasonic FC. ( I used the Sanyo for my DAC clock ! )

Afterall, I find the transport more transparent and better resolution at the high frequency.

Have a look at the photo. Is it a good idea to connect the incoming supply Earth with the RCA Ground ?

16112008110.jpg

1. I wonder if anyone can help what is the backlight for the LCD. What is the connection for the 4 pin at the LCD panel?

2. If I install external aftermarket clock which accepts 8-25V (reg or unreg), can I just tap the 8V regulated supply ?

3. What is the difference between aftermarket clock and Citizen 30ppm clock ?