Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

Sorry, forgot the most important part - I like it better because the sound is clearer all over to give better detail with reduced "edge" and especially the tighter base - big surprise, this (not sure why) - it's a cheap "no-brainer" upgrade. Get the fastest diodes you can find (Trr <5nSec)

A note of caution - I still haven't managed to get those Cree SiC diodes to work properly, even with fancy feedback regulators (perhaps others have done better) - the mids and tops are excellent (nearly as good as "valve diodes"), but the base is quite "thin" - tried everything.

Suggest you look up the DNM Audio site - see article about the T-Network caps - interesting.

In case of Panasonic caps, it has
1. FC series
2. FM series
3. NHG series/EHG series

is it the higher ripple current and lower ESR better ?

How about impedance? the lower the better?

Due to availability of cap, can I choose 35V2200 to be 25V2200 ?

hope to heat fast as I need to place order fast !

ccschua said:
In case of Panasonic caps, it has
1. FC series
2. FM series
3. NHG series/EHG series

is it the higher ripple current and lower ESR better ?

How about impedance? the lower the better?

Due to availability of cap, can I choose 35V2200 to be 25V2200 ?

hope to heat fast as I need to place order fast !

voltage higher is no problem dont lower than the original :)

While still busy building... I also take the 230V supply seriously.
At the moment the PiTBull transport is supplied with a homegrown Silver/Copper Mains Cable (without earth and shielding) isolated with Teflon and twisted this is doing very wonderful stuff to all my components at the moment.......

Tonight I will try the Oyaide Tunami GPX attached to the PiTBull and see what happens...:devilr:

Attachments

• gpx.jpg
    gpx.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 1,230
For what its worth...I am incredibly careful with judging interlinks and mains...I have had quite a bit of surprises with both...be it ultra expensive towards dirt cheap.....

The lesson I have learned from it .....only buy what you can audition.....and scr*w the brand name and the looks.....

Also be objective...eg I did make an interlink set during a whole week-end...using silver silk cotton the whole show....and in the end the existing interlink was slightly better (more musical)...lucky for me they did outperform the amp interlinks otherwise......it was a no go....

On the other hand it will not be the first time that I shock a friend with something "cheap".....

To give it a real try I also picked up a furutech (brown with no type) another Oyaide P22 and a No name (without a pricetag)

After a couple cd''s Beethoven Pletnev Palestrina Choir and Madonna Ray of Light.....the GPX was the better giving the piano slightly but noticable more colour...the voices more body and Madonna more detail and power....

This cable will stay for a while....until I have assembled the Oyaide white P22 for the final contest....

Attachments

• snakepit1.jpg
    snakepit1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,132
...and I also made a birch plateau with a decent hole for my mains cable (it takes even the Tunami) to go through (towards its filter) and a smaller hole for the AT & T cable....the wall is facing my Stereo-closet very convenient I must say...(even my wife agrees on that)

This way I can omit the most expensive wall plug and inlet
(be it Furutech or Oyaide) and still be better off...:king:

Attachments

• wallholes.jpg
    wallholes.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,162