Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story - Page 107 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th May 2008, 04:58 PM   #1061
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by nickthevoice
anybody has good idea for DIY CD CLAMP ?

because the EZ31 bare CD clamp looks ugly

thanks !

nicK
there have been some good ideas posted here, look through the thread
Old 27th May 2008, 12:47 AM   #1062
diyAudio Member

I have a Shigaclone size problem I have to sort out. I successfully had all the smd's removed and ran the wire from 5a to 5b. I also successfully removed all the R's on the palyermods.pdf. Now, I installed all the BG's and the new crystal and I now have an inoperable shigaclone. It spins up and reads "00" on the display. Hints anyone where I might have went wrong?

Regards,
Dan

Old 27th May 2008, 02:06 AM   #1063
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
This could be due to lack of caps with a new crystal. I mentioned that in this post: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...08#post1474508

Try to install the old resonator and see if it works properly. If that's the case you might need to add capacitance with a new crystal.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 27th May 2008, 02:08 AM   #1064
diyAudio Member

Another thing, the jumper from 5A to 5B is not really required, I installed it only because I had traces cut through when I was experimenting with additional PS.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 27th May 2008, 02:21 AM   #1065
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
This could be due to lack of caps with a new crystal. I mentioned that in this post: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...08#post1474508

Try to install the old rezonator and see if it works properly. If that's the case you might need to add capacitance with a new crystal.
Unfortunately the old resonator was destroyed in the removal process.

Regards,
Dan
Old 27th May 2008, 02:50 AM   #1066
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
Another thing, the jumper from 5A to 5B is not really required, I installed it only because I had traces cut through when I was experimenting with additional PS.
yes, but things seem to sound better with it. I'm compared both side by side with 2 separate transports. I used silver with unbleached cotton insulation.
Old 27th May 2008, 02:52 AM   #1067
hayenc is offline hayenc  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to hayenc
I had my 31 lock like this once. It seems like it powered up in a strange state. Had to hit the TOC button a couple of times and hit stop and play and it came out of it. Maybe something on the door open button was not quite right.
Old 27th May 2008, 02:57 AM   #1068
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by luvdunhill
yes, but things seem to sound better with it. I'm compared both side by side with 2 separate transports. I used silver with unbleached cotton insulation.
That is actually possible, as you replace dubious quality PCB trace with a good quality wire. In that case, it may be recommended to cut the PCB trace which is in parallel with a wire.
Old 27th May 2008, 03:04 AM   #1069
nFORCE is offline nFORCE  Japan
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to nFORCE
http://www.hififever.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1823

CDM9 DIY
Old 27th May 2008, 07:07 AM   #1070
diyAudio Member

I would like to thx Peter for sharing with us this great transport.

I would like to share my experience with the RCZ31.

I removed and exchanged most of the part as Peter recommended. I initially used small 12-0-12V with 700mA with BGN1000/25V parallel in Super-E configuration with BGN1000/25V after the LM7808, first listening feel that the sound is not better than my CD-Pro2M unit. They certainly have more air but details that I like in the CD-Pro2M. I change the transfomer to 12-0-12V @ 6.3A......Walla....details, bass control, depth is certainly improved. I would recommend using big transformer, do not waste your time in using small one.!!!!

Hide this!Advertise here!