diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Digital Source (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/)
-   -   Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/120229-finally-affordable-cd-transport-shigaclone-story.html)

Algar_emi 20th May 2008 11:56 PM

Yes, indeed. I'm certainly in for one clamp, if available :D

superhkm 21st May 2008 05:58 AM

clamp me up please
 
I'm amazed by the resources you people have.

I really want in on that that groupbuy, I ust received my 31b, and the magnetic clamp does not look good, uncentered and undamped.

BTW , you just short the "door switch" connector, right ?

claiborne 21st May 2008 06:57 AM

Clamp
 
If anyone is making a list of those interested in a clamp please include me too. Thanks!

-claiborne

DaveM 21st May 2008 01:04 PM

You don't want to just short the door switch. It is needed to make the player read the TOC. I plan to make that a momentary on switch. The idea being to hit the switch every time you change disc, causing the player to register the discs content.

Puffin 21st May 2008 01:14 PM

DaveM. Don't you mean momentarily "Off". These are not so easy to find in my experience.

JC Fardo 21st May 2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DaveM
You don't want to just short the door switch. It is needed to make the player read the TOC. I plan to make that a momentary on switch. The idea being to hit the switch every time you change disc, causing the player to register the discs content.
Iīm a bit confused about that. I think the "CD door closed" status switch is not momentary.
Thanks for corrections.

CeeVee 21st May 2008 01:19 PM

In the original "box" the switch opens when the door opens and closes and stays closed when CD is put in.

A momentary switch may work because once TOC is read...it stays read! ...i think! havenīt tried it yet, just got my EZ51s yesterday.

JC Fardo 21st May 2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CeeVee
In the original "box" the switch opens when the door opens and closes and stays closed when CD is put in.

A momentary switch may work because once TOC is read...it stays read! ...i think! havenīt tried it yet, just got my EZ51s yesterday.

Grande CV!
Thanks for clarification

kevinkr 21st May 2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Puffin
DaveM. Don't you mean momentarily "Off". These are not so easy to find in my experience.

Both very easily found on eBay.. I have recently purchased both NC and NO momentary switches there. They even match.

I tried the NC momentary approach, but found it less stellar than I had supposed. When you turn on the player it will immediately attempt to read the toc whether or not there is a disk on the platter - I found this more than a little annoying and ended up going right back to the toggle switch I originally had. I can set this to "open" before powering up the player, power up the player and then put the disk I want to play on the platter, close the switch and hit play. Works like a charm.

kevinkr 21st May 2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CeeVee
In the original "box" the switch opens when the door opens and closes and stays closed when CD is put in.

A momentary switch may work because once TOC is read...it stays read! ...i think! havenīt tried it yet, just got my EZ51s yesterday.


A NC momentary will work, however an NO will not. The player needs the door closed signal in order to initiate toc read and play. Using an NC momentary will result in an attempt to read the toc every time you turn on the player. I found this beyond annoying.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:30 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Đ1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2