DIY Top-Loading CDP ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hI,

First post from a lurker,so hello to everyone.What a great site this is.So much helpful info.

Anyway,a question -

In the "Group buy on CD-PRO 2, Philips transport" thread,there's a link, http://netcity6.web.hinet.net/UserD...FRA/iNFRA-1.htm,which showing a Creative CD-ROM drive converted into a,rather crude looking,top-loader.

Can anyone tell me how easy it would be to do this to the transport section of an old Philips CDP? I can't afford a new transport at the moment,but I'd love to convert the Philips.
I'm currently upgrading the dac circuitry anyway).

That CEC machine looked great.I've always liked the look of that type of player.

Thanks for any answers.

Hi,

I've just read the " CD723/753 tweaking!" thread,and there's a link there that deals with the very subject I asked about.

I'll study this before asking any more questions about the subject.

Anyway,sorry if I wasted your time.

I did do a search before posting,but didn't find anything.

Hi,Rarkov,

I messed up the link.Don't know how I managed it.

This should work - http://netcity6.web.hinet.net/UserD...FRA/iNFRA-1.htm

But it doesn't,even though I'm copying it from the other thread,and that's working fine.No idea why.

Don't know the language,and,like I said,it's pretty crude looking.I was interested because I hadn't known it could be done with a standard player.

Your speakers look great,but I couldn't find anything else onyour site,apart from the display.

I've seen Peter's work on many threads.It is quite amazing,isn't it.
I've seen the CD-PRO mentioned quite often.Not sure if I'd seen that thread,or not,though.I'll read through it later on.Thanks.

Thanks for the welcome.Glasgow's probably the nearest place you'd have heard of.

Hi,
OT: My sister lives in Glasgow with her Fiance (Kinning Park) and I'm only in Newcastle so it's not that far to visit...

Thanks for your comments. I'm being a bit slow finishing that page...I will get around to it though! I have started on some Electrostatics and now I've finished my monoblocks and almost finished my matching Passive Preamp, I really need to make the mains filter for them...

Anyway - keep checking back for updates! ;)

Gaz

TheBigSky said:
This should work - http://netcity6.web.hinet.net/UserD...FRA/iNFRA-1.htm

But it doesn't,even though I'm copying it from the other thread,and that's working fine.No idea why.

TheBigSky,

The link doesn't work because you've copied the text from the original location, not the url. If you find the original link, you can right click and select 'Copy Shortcut' then paste that to make the new link.

Hi,

Sorry I didn't have a chance to respond earlier.

Rarkov,

I'm being a bit slow finishing that page...I will get around to it though! I have started on some Electrostatics and now I've finished my monoblocks and almost finished my matching Passive Preamp, I really need to make the mains filter for them...

I'm not surprised you haven't got much time for a webpage when you've got all of that diy going on.Busy man.I hope the projects turn out as well as expected.

Re:Glasgow etc. - small world,eh? I haven't made it into "the town" for a year or two,though, because of ill health.That's life.

Nuuk,

Hi,

Sorry I didn't have a chance to respond earlier.

Rarkov,

>>"I'm being a bit slow finishing that page...I will get around to it though! I have started on some Electrostatics and now I've finished my monoblocks and almost finished my matching Passive Preamp, I really need to make the mains filter for them..."

I'm not surprised you haven't got much time for a webpage when you've got all of that diy going on.Busy man.I hope the projects turn out as well as expected.

Re:Glasgow etc. - small world,eh? I haven't made it into "the town" for a year or two,though, because of ill health.That's life.

Nuuk,

Thanks for the link.That was the one I mentioned finding through the " CD723/753 tweaking!" thread.I'll have to study it,and see if I can adapt it to my CDP.I would think that should be do-able.

Is that your site?Someone,in that thread,said it was.If so,congratulations.The system featured looks fantastic,and the articles aren't half bad either.Great stuff.

AudioFreak,Thanks for pointing ot my error.I thought that just copying the link worked.I'm sure I've done that on other forums,but I could be wrong.I'm not very advanced in computereeze.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.