Optocouplers for DAC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I intend to completely separate left & right analog and digital circuitry in my DAC, so I need to feed bit clock, data and word clock signals (768kHz word clock) through optocouplers without destroying all my effort for clean and low jitter clock signals.

Can anyone recommend a readily available (and cheap, if possible) high speed optocoupler suited for that purpose?

Agilent HCNR200 HCNR201

for analog opto-coupling. I haven't bothered to measure the "distortion" per se using these devices, but I have tested their linearity in a variety of configurations and it is excellent. I used them in a proto of an instrument bathed in high voltages and a lot of noise. Vishay has the Siemens line of analog optocouplers and Texas Advanced Optical has their own line which looks exactly like the Siemens chips (probably baked by the same factory in Taiwan.)

for the digital side, I just ask the question since I don't have the time or inclination to do the work -- does a diode/transistor pair introduce "jitter" -- I thought this was more a problem with phase lock loops/DSO's and the uncertainty of propoagation delays.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.