Help! I'm looking for Sony CDP-X779ES Service Manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can anyone help me out with this? I can't seem to find one anywhere - everyone says "that machine is just too old, we don't keep the manuals for it anymore", including Sony!:mad:

Yes, I've tried "googling" and some other search engines. Some leads but not much fruit. Actually, I never knew there were SO MANY places to get service manuals from :eek: - I always got mine direct from the manufacturer.

I am looking primarily for optical pickup installation/calibration/replacement instructions (waveforms and measurements), schematics (for mods) and parts lists. The optical pickup is curiously still available.

Rumor has it that this machine is "virtually identical" to the CDP-X707ES. I THINK this manual is still available. Can anyone validate this? :scratch: I could just get the CDP-X707ES manual and call it a day....

Thanks!
Michael

Re: Servicemanuals

Elso Kwak said:
Hi Bricolo,
I have some other manuals, mostly the most expensive models, but not for the CDP-102. I am sorry. Je suis désolé!

Too bad :bawling:

I'm sorry not to answear you in your language, but the few sentences I know in yours, I've learned them this summer in hollidays with young people from the neederlands

and I'm not so proud of the few words I know :D

Sony CDP as transport

Hi Jake,
First see this post I made on the Audio Asylum.
http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/digital/messages/69863.html
Second I prefer the sound of a old Philips CD-650 as a transport over the Sony 779 ES and even the new CDP-XA30ES. (All with my clock of course)
I just acquired a Philips CD931 in mint condition. Lest see what that brings. The 931 is better built than the 650 that has all parts made of plastic if it can be made of that. Anyway I had a nice swim, yesterday in the Ewijkse Plassen. :wave2:

Jean-Paul what was that grounding issue with the 931? Perhaps the groundloop created by connecting the case at two points to the PCB ground? Any hints for improving the 931?
It has already a mains filter and a dual chamber mains transformer.;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.