Marantz CD54 help !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
When changing caps on my CD54 I accidentally ran the player with a short circuit on the -12V circuit.

I changed the fuse at the back of the player and on the supply PCB, and all the voltage are OK but the player doesn't work anymore.

When I turn it on the motor doesn't spin and the pickup arm goes in inner position and forces on this position. The laser is working, and I tested the spindle motor which is OK.

I already have the service manuals for the Marantz and the CDM-1, I think I fried a chip on the servo board (P201) or on the motor control (PM02) board but I can't figure out which one. I don't know how to check the chips to find the one which has failed.

Can someone give me clues to fix this player ? I'm also looking for spare PCB for this player, some chips it uses are very hard to find, and I really don't feel like trashing it...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.