Nakamichi MB 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been given an Nakamichi MB 3 Cd player. The problem is that the door sticks. I have also read that there may be problems with the disc changing mechanisms. Any help with this current problem and any suggestions for the changing mechanism would be greatlyy appreciated. I would really like to keep this unit.

It's the next generation, the "MB-1s/2s/3s/4s" that have the changer mech problems. If yours is simply an MB-3, it's one of the most reliable changer mechs I've ever seen. Only problem they ,almost ever, have is the tray drive belt prematurely getting too weak. This is mostly caused by somewhat excessive spring pressure on the little roller/leafspring thing at the back end of the right side of the tray guide rail, which is meant to snap the tray into fully closed position. Bend this outwards a bit at a time, until you weaken the leafspring to the point where the tray can open by itself. This will cure the problem until the tray belt really wears out. The tray belt is visible & accessible as soon as you take the lid off the unit, but it takes tweezers & dental tools to replace, as it is tucked down into the bottom of a tight space.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.