Where's Guido Tent? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd February 2008, 11:16 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Angry Where's Guido Tent?

Has anyone seen or heard from Guido Tent recently? I've ordered some parts from him, and now he's not responding to my emails. He doesn't appear to have logged on here for a few days now either.

His website says that he's moved his office, but that was weeks ago, and I placed my order before then as well.

Apologies if this thread is in the wrong section, feel free to move it if there's somewhere else more appropriate.
Old 23rd February 2008, 05:40 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Where's Guido Tent?

Quote:
Originally posted by mike-b100
Has anyone seen or heard from Guido Tent recently? I've ordered some parts from him, and now he's not responding to my emails. He doesn't appear to have logged on here for a few days now either.

His website says that he's moved his office, but that was weeks ago, and I placed my order before then as well.

Apologies if this thread is in the wrong section, feel free to move it if there's somewhere else more appropriate.

I know that he is moving his office, and warehouse, and.. and... so he's probably knee-deep in issues. I'd give him a few more days.

Jan Didden
Old 23rd February 2008, 06:08 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Where's Guido Tent?

Quote:
Originally posted by janneman

I know that he is moving his office, and warehouse, and.. and... so he's probably knee-deep in issues. I'd give him a few more days.

Jan Didden
Indeed, we moved labs and offices. Most activities are up and running again, but we have some backlog, hence the delay in answers.

thanks for all the patience, we do our utmost best to get all back on trackk as it should be

best

Guido
Old 25th March 2008, 06:18 PM   #4
jkeny is offline jkeny  Ireland
Banned

I ordered a clock from him on 17th March and apart from the initial reply emails from him - I haven't received the clock or any response to my emails to him requesting confirmation of shipment - I'm in Europe and I got some boards today from France, ordered on the 18th.

What is so annoying is that he answered my sales inquiries immediately (within an hour) but now that the sale is made & paid for, no communication in 6 days!

Guido, you need to sort out your communications!
Old 25th March 2008, 07:02 PM   #5
Banned

I'm actually looking to buy my clocks elsewhere - can anybody recommend a reliable, good source?
Old 25th March 2008, 07:37 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jkeny

What is so annoying is that he answered my sales inquiries immediately (within an hour) but now that the sale is made & paid for, no communication in 6 days!

Guido, you need to sort out your communications!

Yes, same experience here. Very prompt on sales enquiries. Once payment was made, everything went quiet. It took over a month before it was shipped (let alone arrived) and support questions were completly ignored. And there was no office moving happening at that time.
Old 25th March 2008, 07:43 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default DIY clock

Quote:
Originally posted by jkeny
I'm actually looking to buy my clocks elsewhere - can anybody recommend a reliable, good source?
I assume you're talking about a clock circuit and not just the osc....

Why not DIY it?!

Start off with something simple...Tent Labs has a "freebie" schematic for their XO oscillators.

Or, for higher performance, try the Flea.

Or, for even higher performance, build the Kwack Clock v. 7.

If you were going to buy a clock with a re-clocker...well, you can DIY that, too. CarlosFM's reclock module, coupled with Tom Napier's divide-by-2, have worked very well for me.
Old 25th March 2008, 07:48 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

For pre-built clocks:

David Pritchard at www.net-audio.co.uk builds good clocks and provides great support.
Old 25th March 2008, 08:17 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hollowman, your first 2 suggestions are effectively power supplys for a Tentlabs XO, so doesn't help with the slow shipping from Tentlabs.

I'm waiting on a VCXO ordered and paid from Tentlabs on 7 March. While I'm in Australia it still seems pretty slack. A plastic gear for my TEAC T1 ordered from Signal UK on 14 March arrived yesterday, and airmail postage usually arrives in a 7-10 day timeframe after posting.

Don't know what Guido's problem is with getting this stuff shipped out, but he seems to be burning friends in the diyaudio community at a pretty rapid rate.
Old 25th March 2008, 08:49 PM   #10
Banned

Ok guys, lots of similar stories to my own - why wasn't this posted up before now to warn people off making the same mistake?

If I'd have known I wouldn't have ordered from him - now I'm going to have to recover the money from Paypal.

It's just a VCXO I'm looking for BTW, - I've order some kit (without clock) from AW DIY (in France) at the same time as Tent's clock & it arrived today!

I didn't want to diy it for a number of reasons - one being time (ha! that's a laugh now after having been shafted by TenT)

So has anybody got some good low jitter VCXOs to recommend?

Hide this!Advertise here!