EAC Drive Detection Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It would help to know a little more about your machine, types of drives (including interface type) and the OS you are using.

If you are not using cable select are the slave and master drives on the correct connections for their selected mode on the interface cable? (ATA)

EAC probably is not compatible with Vista for example..

You may have a subtly damaged download of EAC and could need to download and reinstall it again.

Finally you can always try to contact the author of EAC for advice.

Re: eac

markmelheim said:
load the most current version of Adaptec win_aspi

then re load 99pre_beta 3

http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/speed/software_pc/aspi/aspi_471a2_exe.htm

might solve the issue

Thanks! But this doesn't work...

My OS is winxp pro, both drives are IDE and the cable's end is connected to the master and the intermediate plug is connected to the slave. The other end to the motherboard's first IDE socket. Only EAC shows a problem of drive detected but the other programs such as foorbar and win media player do not.

Here is what EAC shows during drive setup

Attachments

• no drive.jpg
    no drive.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 88
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
hajame said:

Oh...I use Chinese winxp... this may be the problem.. The bios definitely shows both of the drives.

I would contact the developer and find out whether or not EAC runs under the Chinese language version of XP, there are differences in some versions of the OS that can occasionally cause problems. In my old job we had all sorts of problems with the Japanese version of XP not running some of our applications correctly.. (Our customers were mostly in Japan - machines we furnished had US version of XP which in an emergency might be replaced temporarily with a machine with Japanese XP on it, didn't always work.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.