DAC4392 mods - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th February 2008, 02:56 PM   #1
Lucifix is offline Lucifix  Europe
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Lucifix Send a message via MSN to Lucifix Send a message via Yahoo to Lucifix
Post DAC4392 mods

Hi guys,
  I build this module based on SRC4392 (SPDIF receiver / Transmitter & ASRC) as an remake to my old DAC's digital interface which was limited to 48 KHz input sample rate. Since now I'm playing with it, I want to use all the options that SRC4392 provides: volume control, SPDIF transmitter, ASRC, etc. I write some uC firmware to fire-up this thing and now I have access to all SRC's internal registers... and there are a lot of them compared to other SPDIF receivers! Now, output sample rate is fixed at 24bit / 192 fs (make upsampling to all incoming signals) but I want it changeable(using some sort of menu displayed on PC or LCD display) with one of this values: 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 64, 88.2, 96, 176.4 or 192 (anything that PLL1708 can give). Then, I'll make all SRC's internal settings / properties like Interpolation filter group delay, Decimation Filter/Direct Down-Sampling Function, Digital De-Emphasis Filter, Output Word Format / Length to be available for manual override (if it's needed).
  What do you think ?

Regards
  Lucifix

Click the image to open in full size.
"The Universe speaks in many languages but only one voice.[...]It speaks in the language of hope. It speaks in the language of trust. It speaks in the language of strength and the language of compassion. It is the language of the heart and the language of the soul. But always it is the same voice. It is the voice of our ancestors speaking through us and the voice of our inheritors waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one!" (G'Kar)
Old 9th May 2008, 12:06 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Lucifix Send a message via MSN to Lucifix Send a message via Yahoo to Lucifix
Default External souces

Hello
  For those who are interested, '4392 I2S Output port pins Bit-Clock and Word-Clock can be driven by an external source like DCX2496 (previous features are still available). Sample rate range is from 16 KHz to 192 KHz. In addition, the Direct Down-Sampling option of the ASRC can be manually controlled through a jumper.
  Now I'm working on the bootloader which (hopefully) allows me to update all the firmwares on this board, including the Bootloader itself.
   Regards!
   Lucifix
"The Universe speaks in many languages but only one voice.[...]It speaks in the language of hope. It speaks in the language of trust. It speaks in the language of strength and the language of compassion. It is the language of the heart and the language of the soul. But always it is the same voice. It is the voice of our ancestors speaking through us and the voice of our inheritors waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one!" (G'Kar)
Old 5th July 2008, 06:16 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default TentLabs XO PS

Hello all,
 I made some power supply improvements to DAC4392 module begining with Linear's LT1086 LDO and ending with 0,5% low voltage output tollerance linear/shunt regulators from LT, TI or Analog Devices.
 The next step is to replace the 27MHz on-board crystal clock with 27MHz crystal oscillator from Tentlabs. I intend to supply the Tent XO using the on-board LT1086 LDO (7.0V output) and TL431B shunt regulator or a linear one. Is this a good approach? Can someone suggest a better (low noise) power supply solution for TentLabs XOs intead of this one described above?
  Thank You in advance!
  Lucifix

Hide this!Advertise here!