Group buy on CD-PRO 2, Philips transport

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Then it might be pretty easy for the transport, buthe hard part might be fitting the display board and all the buttons. Usually those kind of jobs look easy in the beginning, but eventually take so much time, that it's hard to justify the effort involved. It might be a better solution to just sell Rogers and build new player from a scratch.

CDM12 is 150€, very competitive compared to the CD-PRO 2 :)

but I've seen many CDM12 versions, 12.3 12.4 ... and it seems that some are well better than others, at least well more expensive

Peter: when I buy a CD player with one of those transports, I mean a commercial CD player, finished product
Do I have exactly this transport in it, the same PCB, same display and all? Or does manufacturers buy the mechanical part only, and design theyr onw electronics?

What I'm thinking about, is to buy a second hand cd player that has a good transport, take the transport from it and make a new player with it

Bricolo said:

Peter: when I buy a CD player with one of those transports, I mean a commercial CD player, finished product
Do I have exactly this transport in it, the same PCB, same display and all? Or does manufacturers buy the mechanical part only, and design theyr onw electronics?

It goes both ways.

If you have a chance to buy a good CDP, with few mods you can converted to much better performer, I guess;)

If you decide on CDM12, buy the one from Steinmusic, as it's a good one.

To all CD PRO purchasers and NON-OS experimenters

Now that a number of people have purchased the CD RO2 module maybe some of you can answer a number of questions I posted a long time back 04-06- 2002
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3022

about trying to mod a Marantz CD4000 (same as Phillips CD713, 723) into non oversampling mode by

- using computer linked to CD4000 running DSA software (available on Daisy laser site http://www.daisy-laser.com/download.../dsaprogram.zip) which should allow reading DSA commands from CD4000 and sending DSA commands to CD4000 thereby changing sampling mode to whatever is liked I2S, Sony 16 bit, Sony 18 bit and whatever oversampling is liked non, 2 times, 4 times. I tried this software and only partially succeeded in getting it to read data coming from CD4000 - couldn't write anything to CD4000. Has anybody since tried this software? Could be an interesting tool to test various modes and sampling rates provided DAC chip is capable of interfacing with these modes.

OR

- a second way of achieving the same objective (and possibly better permanent solution) was to buy the display module from Daisy which If I remember correctly has various jumper settings which allow the user to set modes and sampling rates ( am I correct here?). Only problem for me was Daisy (Nico) does not sell display module seperately, he will include extra display modules with CD Pro purchases and this may well be an avenue worth looking into if there is any interest.

I am launching this out there to see if it floats

John

CD PRO display

Bricolo,
It's a while since I looked at this but as far as I can remember the CD PRO microcontroller in the display module communicates (sends DSA commands) to CD10 chip on the CD module same as the Marantz CD4000 (SAA7378 chip) - just that the microcontroller and embedded software are different between CD PRO & Marantz and also am I right in saying that the CD PRO display module has user selectable settings using jumpers?

John

Hi Peter Daniel
I intend to replace the old cdpro of my ML 39 with cdpro2lf..but found that ML actually remove the clock from the cd board , n feed master clock signal from the ML board..I also seen a posting somewhere that someone try to do the same for his new cdpro2lf, n encounter problem..
could you advise as I m deciding to get the new cdpro2lf in singapore
grateful if any other kind soul with experience in ML 39 upgrading offers help n guidance..
thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.