Group buy on CD-PRO 2, Philips transport - Page 12 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd April 2003, 11:19 PM   #111
Coulomb is offline Coulomb  England
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Dac

Quote:
Originally posted by Raj1
Hi,

Excuse the dumb question but?
Well that Dac looks almost simple enough for even me to build, but could it be used with another gain stage (SS), any ideas for a scematic of a suitable gain stage?

Thanks
Raja

PS any news of the cd pro2 prices etc yet?
Another nice DAC, take a look at the gain stage, simple to adapt to any AOR & AOL output

Anthony
Old 23rd April 2003, 04:57 AM   #112
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
Here's the quote from Nico:

qty CD-PRO2 price in Euro

12 ---185
36 ---172
120 ---169

Ther is no discount for other parts and when ordered in large quantities (in batches of 12) they don't supply assembled display PCBs nor empty boards. They treat a customer as industrial user, who has to take care of that himself.

They go by product code on declaration, so all duties apply. Shipping is from their center in France and cost 96 Euro, doesn't matter if 12 or 36 units, but they ship in batches of 12. Lead time is pretty long, on average 12 weeks.

So what are we going to do? Will Dale make us a front panel I wonder..hummmm?

Anthony
Old 23rd April 2003, 06:12 AM   #113
diyAudio Member

Hi All,

I am sending this group of an update with what's happening in Singapore for PRO2 Units.

Aparently Robert from AHFArtAudio (http://www.ahfartaudio.com/) bought about 10 units of PRO2s recently. So he has already designed a power supply PCB specifically for PRO 2 use and can be bought as a kit or just the PCB. The PCB lines are silver coated for your info.

If you guys have some problem with building the power supply stage for PRO2, you can send him a email, perhaps can consider the kit he's designed.

He's also prototyping a chassis (almost producing soon). You can ask him about it too.

With Robert working on PRO2 units locally in Singapore. DIY people here finally have some direct DIY advise from him regarding PRO2.

Btw, I am building his Parallel TDA1541 Zero Sampling Kit now.

regards,
Ken Chuang
Old 24th April 2003, 09:21 PM   #114
goskers is offline goskers  United States
diyAudio Member

Default I'm in!!!

I have been following this thread off and on but have some questions.
1. I am not positive how the WIKI threads work so would just like to verify that I am definitely in on a purchase of one pro cd-2. How is contact typically made when I need to pay someone?

2. I would love to help out in anyway possible to be able to build a great unit all at once. This to me would include: clock upgrade (if needed), case and possible display change if needed. How are all of these variables being handled?

3. If the dac from this link http://www.geocities.com/agalavotti/zerodac.htm were to be used, would you just incorporate that into an all-in-one type of unit?

thanks so much for this opportunity.
Joel Wasser
Old 25th April 2003, 05:01 AM   #115
Raj1 is offline Raj1  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default case

Hi,

I'm up for getting a case from someone like par-metal, who have a front panel designer, perhaps someone who knows what they're doing can use this software to design the top plate and front panel, so that the transport and lcd display could be mounted - anyone?????.

A number of us could then order our cases from here if required.

With regards to dac's the nonoz II dac seems easy enough to build, I think I will parallel 2 of the dac chips though. Peter's gonna try a dac similar to this, he also has a upsampling dac, so he can compare the 2 and let us know of his findings.

Thanks
Raj
Old 25th April 2003, 12:37 PM   #116
diyAudio Member

Hi guys, I'm new here, I'll post on the introductions page later, anyway, I'm in on a transport as well, I haven't added my name to the Wiki page yet but I will. I am a little confused regarding the front panel. On Nico's site it is there for order. Am I to understand it is no longer available, or just not available for a group purchase and we can order them from Nico if we want at any time directly?

BTW Peter, cudo's for organising this. I just went through this doing a big buy of tubes from the UK and it's alot of work.

Chris
Old 30th April 2003, 03:58 PM   #117
diyAudio Member

Peter What's happening with the group buy, where are we?

Regards

Anthony
Old 30th April 2003, 04:13 PM   #118
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
We are here:

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
Here's the quote from Nico:

qty CD-PRO2 price in Euro

12 ---185
36 ---172
120 ---169

Ther is no discount for other parts and when ordered in large quantities (in batches of 12) they don't supply assembled display PCBs nor empty boards. They treat a customer as industrial user, who has to take care of that himself.

They go by product code on declaration, so all duties apply. Shipping is from their center in France and cost 96 Euro, doesn't matter if 12 or 36 units, but they ship in batches of 12. Lead time is pretty long, on average 12 weeks.
I don't think Nico will supply 24 kits with display boards, as this amount qualifies us for industrial user. Unless somebody will undertake a task of designing and fabriacating such boards. I'm not that fluent with all that design software (and I'm mostly into p2p these days).

The other option is, if some of Europen members interested in group buy, can talk over phone with Nico and pursuade him into going with our group buy and supply kits with the boards. But the lead time is 12 weeks, or so they say.

To tell the truth, I'm reluctant at this point to discuss with Nico forum group buy, as I might be buying in a feature transports as industrial user indeed. But I don't mind somebody else making the arrangements.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 30th April 2003, 05:09 PM   #119
diyAudio Member

Quote:
To tell the truth, I'm reluctant at this point to discuss with Nico forum group buy, as I might be buying in a feature transports as industrial user indeed.
What you mean is your thinking of producing a High End Retail product for sale to the North American Market.
Old 30th April 2003, 06:38 PM   #120
UrSv is offline UrSv  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Coulomb

What you mean is your thinking of producing a High End Retail product for sale to the North American Market.
Since IIRC his first Gainclone went to Scandinavia I am sure he will not mind selling to the rest of the world...

Hide this!Advertise here!