Teac VRDS 10se fuse

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I assume you are talking about using one of those fufu high end fuse replacements? IMHO There are probably better ways to spend your money - possibly the reason why you have not received a response.
I would take those claims with a grain of salt. :rolleyes:

Edit:
Incidentally I did not see any fuses in the schematic you posted, presumably this player has a fuse on the primary side of the power transformer. The fuse, if present will be marked as to current rating, type and voltage.

kevinkr said:
I assume you are talking about using one of those fufu high end fuse replacements? IMHO There are probably better ways to spend your money - possibly the reason why you have not received a response.
I would take those claims with a grain of salt. :rolleyes:

Edit:
Incidentally I did not see any fuses in the schematic you posted, presumably this player has a fuse on the primary side of the power transformer. The fuse, if present will be marked as to current rating, type and voltage.

I am talking about an "audiophile" ceramic fuse yes, furutech in my case.

This would be the final of the mods i'm doing to the teac for transport use.
Having heard from a friend that a Teac transport is very sensitive to the power. I'm going to replace the cable, so I told myself, for another 20 euros, it wouldnt kill me to try replacing the 220v fuse too.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Replace the cord yes, but 20 euros for a fuse - that's just crazy. Here's a quick test you can do (but for safety reasons only temporarily!!) - solder a heavy jumper across the fuse, if you can't hear any difference (and I bet you won't) you are wasting your money.

In the old days we had sellers of patent nostrums and folk remedies, and today, well.... :dodgy:

you might remove the old fuse, clean both ends a little with very fine grain sanding paper, put a little "audiophile" contact cleaner (Caig gold) on both ends and put it right back.
In the hifi club we have repeatedly executed this - very cheap - mod, and to great effect.
Oxidation is your enemy, and as for the high end fuses, don't believe the hype - been there done that etc... Cleaning the "original fuse" works best.

F 601, 602 Fuse, 2A slow blow for 230V machines
Think for UK and USA 115Volts 60HZ 4A?
Only got it from a 230V manual

Little dumb question:D course its writen on the pcb board and found back in the service manual page 20

Now i read it back .....

:D changing a fuse to get better sound?

M8 change the 47uF/10V to 47uF/35V elna silmic asr
That will do some changes .... but only at some important places in the teac. (i know witch ones ;) found it out myself)

I tweak teac`s :wiz:

Attachments

• fuse.jpg
    fuse.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.