TEAC VRDS CD T1 gear broken

Looks like the links in this thread are dead as a dodo. Gear all sold out?

BTW on this image, the yellow one, is that the gear mentioned here?

TEAC-VRDS-T1-2011-07-31.002-0.jpg

Hi Huysmans,

from what I see on the photo, the two gears are gear A and gear B. The largest (above, white) is gear A, the smallest (under, yellowish) is gear B. Parts numbers in the Teac terminology are for gear A : 5801568700 ; and for gear B : 5801568801.

Would you need the T1 Service manual, I have one pdf copy of it but it’s easy to find (Google). Would you need to replace both, I could help you with a US company which seems to have them available. Not cheap, but no choice… (may try eBay too).

My 2 cts.

I've just replaced the gear in my Copland CDA 288 and during my search for parts I found out that gear 5801571100 has been discontinued and replaced with part number M02646000A, it can be ordered from Teac (parts@teac.com) for $12.47 plus tax and shipping. Since I'm in Europe I ordered mine from impel (GEAR M02646000A FOR TEAC AUDIO CD PLAYER - MODEL VRDS7 - e-electronicspareparts.com) for 13 euro including shipping to Sweden.

The gears in huysmans photo above are not the drawer gears, these gears handle the laser and not the drawer.

At least on the Copland it was possible to change the gear by removing only the drawer (pull it out and release it by pushing down a small plastic piece on each side) and the metal protecting the gears. After that you can reach the gear with the rubber band around, it has a plastic pin holding it down, just pull it out with a flat-head screwdriver and then you can bend up the big gear and push the new gear underneath. Not very easy but doable and you don't need to remove all the stuff above (in my case I wasn't able due to a screw that wouldn't come out).

file.php
Hi,

I’ve just received two pre-production gear wheels for the CMK4: one for the drawer and one for the laser head. They will be available as a set.
These are high-quality 3D prints.

They will be thoroughly tested and I’ll keep you posted. The price should be very low, much much lower than the brass manufactures.

Last edited:
file.php
Hi,

I’ve just received two pre-production gear wheels for the CMK4: one for the drawer and one for the laser head. They will be available as a set.

They will be thoroughly tested and I’ll keep you posted. The price should be very low, much much lower than the brass manufactures.

Hi I would also lilke to purchase a couple of sets please?

Hi,

Any news on when these will be available?

Thanks,

P.