TEAC VRDS CD T1 gear broken

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
I couldn't find a source, and I know one other member chased TEAC Aus for a while only to be told after months that they can't get them.

Your best bet is trying to track down someone in the UK or Europe who will forward on a package from https://www.chsinteractive.co.uk

If the 2 step gear is gone I strongly suggest you replace the gear "b" also. They are made from the same material and age at a similar rate. I got few months use after replacing the two step before the transport started skipping again - the first sign that the "b" gear was dying.

ps you might want to try the contact at TEAC WA mentioned in an earlier post by Centre5

Since I haven't seen anyone post this yet, I have just been told by Teac that the 2-step gear that so frequently loses teeth in the loading mech of the VRDS-T1/VRDS-7, as well as the Krell KAV-300CD/250CD & Copland 288, is once again available from Teac USA, and for pretty cheap. Just placed the order, and will write again if it doesn't turn out to be a correct substitute, since the number their parts person responded with what googles out to be for the VRDS-10(but not VRDS-10SE, which I do have a service manual for & can say is not the right gear). Here is the reply from Teac parts, with my original inquiry below it:

Dear Customer,

The 2 step gear, part number M02646000A, is available at $10.97 each. Please add $5 for postage/freight per order for UPS ground service within CONTINENTAL USA plus local and state sales taxes where applicable. Prices quoted are only for SHIPMENT WITHIN THE U.S. or its territories.

We are required to collect state sales tax for residents of Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Virginia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Tennessee, Washington, Minnesota and others, regardless of shipping point. If you do not want us to collect state sales tax by adding it to your order, we must have a COPY of your resale or tax exempt certificate at the time the order is placed.

Please, NO CODs or PERSONAL CHECKS, but we can accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or money orders. There is a $10 minimum for credit card orders.

When you place your order, please include a copy of this response, your name, a U.S. shipping address, and day-time telephone number.

Thank you

Gary Candelas

Parts Department
TEAC America
7733 Telegraph Road
Montebello, CA 90640
Phone: 323-727-4840
Fax: 323-727-7632
E-Mail: parts@teac.com
TEAC AMERICA, INC. - DVDRW, CDRW, Disc Publishing Products, Stereo Components, TASCAM, Data Recorders
TASCAM

>>> Stephen Sank <varacoustic@yahoo.com> 1/5/2010 2:24 PM >>>
Please advise as to availability & price on part number 5801571100, 2-step gear for VRDS-T1/VRDS-7 cd player loading mechanism.

Stephen Sank, Owner
Talking Dog Transducer Co.
2112 N. Dragoon St. #13
Tucson, Arizona [85745]
505-410-4951
Talking Dog Transducer Company

Price update

I have a VRDS 10 that curently works without any problems, but it is a little elderly and i thought after reading this thread that it might be prudent to order a spare gear set before the stock disappears completely. I looked on the CHS website but they now want £43.86 (just over 70 USD) for the 5801571100 gear!

TEAC VRDs1/7 gears

Hi all,
I have ordered some of these gears from CHS and this is what I find.
Pt Nrs 29001J and 29001K are the gears for the CD mechanism laser sled that fit on the rear R/Hand of the mechanism.
I think Pt Nr 29060G is the gear wheel for the Tray and I am about to order one to see if I am right. An expensive way of finding out I know, but what can you do.
Will report back here when completed.

John Caswell

VRDS Gear

Hi all,
Well I tried ordering some of these gears from TEAC USA and they referred me straight back to TEAC UK who referred me to Charles Hyde, which is where I had already ordered a gear from at a final cost of £49.15 ($79.21) It is the correct gear and has been installed in a Digital Audio Company (DAC) CD player and all works fine, however I am the one who has to explain to the customer why a small plastic gear cost that much. C'est la vie!

John Caswell

John, did you get my email reply?
John Caswell & I talked about having me order a bunch of gears for shipping over to you guys in the UK. John, in case you did not get my reply, it was basicaly, 'Decide how many you want to order & we'll get it done."
So, don't despair, and don't bend over for those profiteers at Teac UK's lone parts distributor. Help should be on the way soon.

John, did you get my email reply?
John Caswell & I talked about having me order a bunch of gears for shipping over to you guys in the UK. John, in case you did not get my reply, it was basicaly, 'Decide how many you want to order & we'll get it done."
So, don't despair, and don't bend over for those profiteers at Teac UK's lone parts distributor. Help should be on the way soon.

I see.
So, you may get some pairs from teac usa.
Unfortunately, I am not from usa or in uk ... but in Asia ...
I find somewhere probably charge US$77 (equivalent) for two gears and about US38 for gear b only ... crazy ...
right ... for just a plastic gear ...