Logitech Duet has been announced - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th January 2008, 06:57 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Logitech Duet has been announced

A new remote/streaming wi-fi audio receiver combo:

http://www.slimdevices.com/index.html

The remote is the "final" version of the jive beta-test remote I have been using for a few months.

The receiver is significantly different from the SqueezeBox 3- it uses a different DAC and power supply scheme and has no display. The receiver alone is/will be available for $150.

I_F
Old 9th January 2008, 07:23 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hi I_F,

This looks like something a lot of people have been waiting for, functionality-wise. I wonder whether that remote would work with other receivers? For instance, I use Linksys WMB54G wireless music bridge. It looks like a slimmed-down version of the squeezebox receiver, with analog and digital outputs, placed near the stereo. It has a wireless link to the home network, and I can switch the pc (or media player) output to either the built-in speakers or to the WMB54G.

If that remote interfaces to the pc or a media streamer to stream the audio to 'a' receiver, it might work with the WMB54G. What do you think?

Jan Didden
Old 9th January 2008, 10:35 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by janneman
Hi I_F,

This looks like something a lot of people have been waiting for, functionality-wise. I wonder whether that remote would work with other receivers? For instance, I use Linksys WMB54G wireless music bridge. It looks like a slimmed-down version of the squeezebox receiver, with analog and digital outputs, placed near the stereo. It has a wireless link to the home network, and I can switch the pc (or media player) output to either the built-in speakers or to the WMB54G.

If that remote interfaces to the pc or a media streamer to stream the audio to 'a' receiver, it might work with the WMB54G. What do you think?

Jan Didden
Hi, Jan, the software/firmware is pretty specific to the SlimServer architecture, although I think there would be a possibility to write new code to do what you're asking. I'm one of the beta testers for the controller, and it's pretty neat. I'm sure if you go over to the Slim Devices forums, you could ask your question, and get a good answer.

Hide this!Advertise here!