Marantz CD-23 - CDM-9Pro issues - help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

have a CD-23 player - always reliable - until today...

Porblem: spindle will only turn ~ 1/4 turn before sticking. Everything else working eg laser etc.

Tried forcing it - delicately... which freed it up enough to spin but now accompanied by constant light grating noise!

After a bit more fiddling, managed to return it to its intial state - stuck after 1/4 turn.

I've just joined the forum - typical, yes, when you need help... too new a member to email directly to members - but search of the archive revealed posting by:

'Dowser'

He had some issues with his CDM-9Pro drive - if you are reading or if someone can forward him my thread - I'd be very grateful - perhaps you can shed some light on the problem?

Otherwise, if anyone else has some familiarity with this drive, your help is much appreciated:

I'm aware that there is a magnet situated on the underside of the spindle? - could this have dislodged and is causing the binding? Or is there another part - washer? seal? - that is sandwiched between the spindle and the plate?

Should I attempt to prise off the spindle?!!

Apologies for the lack of pith to this thread - a bit of a long read... thanks for coming this far!

with best regards

Carl :whazzat:

Do you still need the CDM9? we have little new and original one in stock, but it is very exensive, 250 euro/pc, only the optical pickup.350 euro/pc with machine
and the second hand one is very cheap, but it is only test ok.
Please contact me if you need any other help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.