My transport seems to be ill

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I thought it might be the DAC since the intermittent crackle/popping sound (similar in sound to a disc skipping, but it overlays the music instead of the music actually skipping) is in one channel. I connected it to another DAC and the problem is still there. I've replaced the transport/laser mechanism with a new unit and the sound is still there. ($$$ grumble, swear, mutter $$$) It's an _ancient_ Proceed PDT3 transport. However, it's been modified extensively by G&D Transforms, Electronic Visionary Systems, and Kyle Takenaga (before he joined Reference Mods.)

I'd like to find someone that can repair it without removing the mods. I don't want to send it to a Harmon approved technician. I'm sure they'll want to remove all the mods, which is the only reason I want to keep the unit in the first place. Well, that and the new transport/laser assembly-they don't build those things like they used to.

Does anyone have any recommendations for someone who can repair something like this? While I could pose these questions to my modifiers (the ones that are still around...G&D is gone, isn't it?), my guess is that they can modify equipment, but repairing it is another story.

Any thoughts on this dilemma would be most welcome.

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.