CD723/753 tweaking!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
mikelm said:

hi Guido

OK but does it work for TDA1545A as in my CD723 ?

does it matter that, apparently, I will be doubling the frequency of BCK.

where can I get details about your clock cct ?

do you do a cct board for it ?

all my cd psu's are batteries - sounds nice. Would you recommend any additional regulation after the battery for your clock cct ? ( apart from a good quality cap )

cheers

mike

Hi

I do not know the 1545, but you may compare both datasheets. Mail me offline for more info on clocks.

Yes, I recommend additional regulation.

best regards

CD723 I/V op-amp

I have recently been using two NE5534s as I/V in the CD723 with very good results, but as the NE5534 (without compensation capacitor) is not stable at unity gain can anyone please offer advise regarding the suitability of a non-unity stable opamp for I/V in the CD723 circuit?

Many thanks for any help,
Tim.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
NE5534 again !?!?

OPA627 is unity gain stable and excellent sounding. You can remove the caps that are needed for keeping NE5534 stable at unity gain. Since you really need a dual opamp AD826 or LM6172 might be a better choice.

But maybe I misunderstood you post !?!?

CD723 op-amp stability

Jean Paul,

Thankyou very much for help.

Are you saying that the NE5534 (that is not stable at unity gain) will be stable in the CD723 as I/V. If so, could you please explain to me why this is so, for example is there enough gain in the circuit to prevent instability with the NE5534, or is op-amp stability for I/V not relevant, if so why?

Yes, I have tried the OPA627 and LM6172 but surprisingly I prefer the sound of the NE5534 (biased into class A) in most respects!

I would like to understand the requirements of the CD723 circuit with regard to op-amp stability. If you have time to explain briefly I would be most grateful.

Many thanks,
Tim.

Hi Tim,

From your postings here and elsewhere it seems that we similar CD and amps - modified cd723 & a version of JLH simple class A.

I would be interested to compare ideas and perhaps equiptment sometime.

I live in the north but my family are in the south so I come down quite often.

cheers

mike

Ok, this is a long shot but you may as well try it. Remove the lid and you will see the transport assembly on the left side of the case. Look at the plastic cradle that is screwed to the chassis (usually only by two screws at the rear). Turn these two screws anti-clockwise by half a turn and then try it again. ;)

Hi All,

I am going to ask a basic newbies question !!

I am new to the world of DAC's. I have a CD723 which I want to use as a transport for my DAC. The DAC i have is the OPUS from Twisted Pear Audio. What I'm struggling with for a while now is to find a way to interface the two :bawling:

As far as i understand one option is to feed the DAC directly with I2S signal from the CD723, but I suspect that will not be easy?

Another option would be to feed the DAC with SPDIF signal (Twisted Pear Audio also do a SPDIF to I2S receiver) but is the digital output on the CD723 an SPDIF interface? (sorry i am a newbie - i don't understand whether the term "digital output" and "SPDIF" is the same)

So i guess my question in a few words is ... how exactly can i use the cd723 as a transport with my OPUS DAC?

It seems that a lot people know how to do this trivial thing but I am struggling to find any explicit guidance ( i guess I could ask Twisted Pear Audio too! :D

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.