CD723/753 tweaking!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Hi Alexandre, If the heat is a lot of the stock, you can add radiator or get a replacement like the NJM7805.

I was told 3.3uf minimal for the output.

Recently or maybe for awhile Mouser electronics is no longer 200$ USD,now its 60$USD of parts and free postage. Check if the same for your county :)

Regards
Sam
Hi Sam. I'd rather have a dedicated IC7805 for 5V to supply the DAC. This is because of less harm to the sound.
This will divide the total power consumption of the 5V rail into two paths, thus decreasing current via each of the two would-be ICs 7805.
A heat sink is the right idea no doubt.
P.S. I did not catch about Mouser and these two huge numbers of 60 and 200 USD, sorry.
If about 7805, I have one from my local provider for 0.7 USD only.

BTW. Is there a Hi-End 7805 regulator? If yes, what is its part number? Pls advise.
Regards.
Alexandre

Hi Alexandre,
Yes, the IC7805 supply the whole player including dac. If you can do it, and add a dedicated 5v to the dac that would be good.

I use Mouser to get parts, the NJM7805 is cheap but good spec, noise ripple. My friend in Holland used Sparkos regulators but they are expensive! Maybe Mouser RU has fee ship for certain amount of goods.
http://ru.mouser.com/

SS78XX Discrete Voltage Regulator - Sparkos Labs.com

Regards
Sam

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.