spdif vs usb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
analog_sa said:

Now this is amusing. Respected by whom? Any half-assed EE with no ears will predict that the AK4396 will walk over an ancient, low-performance, budget DAC. One of those rare moments when theory and practice produce identical results ;)

Here we go again :smash:

Audio design is not about clever statements, it is about doing the right implementation and you will be hammered by the quality and musicality you can get out of an ancient 1543 :D

To go ON topic, My experience with simple and straight forward implementation of the 2707 gives a clearly improved sound over SPDIFF

I see no issue in the PC connections and ground, as long (and that is what I do) play with a notebook running on batteries during music play back :cool:

Klaus, if you are in a hurry trying some USB dac, drop by and pick one up...

dddac said:
I see no issue in the PC connections and ground, as long (and that is what I do) play with a notebook running on batteries during music play back :cool:
My worst experience of USB is a compaq laptop running on batteries... I don't know why but the noise floor of a simple pcm2702 dac (powered with an external supply) out of it was terrible. Once the pcm2702 connected to my desktop, all the noise was gone. :xeye:

00940 said:

My worst experience of USB is a compaq laptop running on batteries... I don't know why but the noise floor of a simple pcm2702 dac (powered with an external supply) out of it was terrible. Once the pcm2702 connected to my desktop, all the noise was gone. :xeye:

I also encountered the same problem with an old Compaq laptop (EVO N200).
:apathic:

After a few years, I built a USB to SPDIF converter with PCM2706, and connected it to another laptop from Toshiba. The background was dead silent.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.