Analog to digital converters...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here a link to the TI eval kit
http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/pcm4222evm.html

Anyone have any suggestions for a kit with more polish to it. I've seen a chinese item on ebay that uses a CS5340. Not as nice as the 4222 specwise though. The CS5341 could probably be substituted from some improvement. Anything that uses a CS5381 out there?

I've seen lots of discussion on DAC's, but not much on ADC's. I'm looking for something I can use to copy my LP's for the day's when I'm too lazy to flip vinyl.

i dont know any of those cirrus chips , but they might have switched cap filters inside i would avoid that fact :D
PCM4222 ev kit:
"Each analog input is buffered by an input circuit employing the OPA1632 fully differential audio amplifier. "

there is some adc discussion on prodigy-pro forums, someone there said this opa1632 has its roots in ADSL world and its blazing.

this chip is some 1 year old at most afaik . BTW the very first (discrete) D-S audio ADC described by Robert W. Adams and presented in 1985's AES ( I have the paper , pm ) also used 6 bit modulator front end. Oh I also have some 40 segment fully built Ledmeters with calibration and schematic descripture for sale if someone wants some :D

eval boards and such...

well I've got 4 BB pcm 64's I've been saving and most ADCs use a comparator and a DAC internally, so I think I may be able to put something together----or look for the Beringer piece and Hot rod it. Wish A.R.T. still sold the DIO....

Joined 2007
Paid Member
DSD A/D converter

Hi there,

I am considering building (as part of a collaboration I hope) a DSD A/D converter but cannot find a technical description of the SACD format. I have made searches on the internet for the SACD Scarlet Book but don't seem to find anything specific about how the A/D conversion process is designed. Any suggestions as to where I can find this?

Thank you ;-)

Jesper

Joined 2007
Paid Member
DSD A/D converter - practical DIY designs?

Hi,

Anybody knows of practical DSD diy A/D converter designs? I.e. only a delta-sigma 1-bit modulator with DSD output as well.

Like e.g.:

http://www.beis.de/Elektronik/DeltaSigma/DeltaSigma.html -- see figure 6.

Preferably more than 2 channels but 2 channels will do... And preferably 128*oversampling (5,6 MHz sampling frequency).

Has it been done for DIY...?

Best regards,

Jesper

:xeye

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.